Chapter 1

July 18th 2019

I shut my eyes tightly either in relief or in anxiety that I'm not sure when I heard the announcement of my flight delay. Relief? because he might still make it, anxiety? because he might still make it. I know I sound crazy, but again who in the right mind would fall for someone like Eric, an arrogant, self obsessed and obnoxious man the whole women kind has seen. Eric, I know I should not be waiting for him and neither should I be expecting him to show up at the airport like a bollywood hero but still Love does not play fair,right? that much I have learned in this one year. I glanced at the entrance and closed my eyes when I saw no glimpse of him. As I closed my eyes everything started to flash down, his hazel colour eyes, his unshaven stubble, his perfectly sculpted jaw, his irritatingly pink lips and the way his lips felt on mine and the things it did to the parts of my body I dare not to think about and most importantly his smile which always had a hint of smirk making me want to both kiss him and punch him.

You smile like a Diosa

I could even here his voice in my head, and suddenly I felt like drifting back into his arms in the attic of his house where he used to play with my hair nibbling my ear and whispering things I could not even remember. A lump formed in my throat and now I terribly wish that flight has been on time taking me away from here, away from him, away from everything that reminded me of him.

May 25th 2018.

"Thank you for your kindness Ms.Jones" I said sincerely placing my luggages on the floor.

"Oh, just call me Jasmine" the woman surprised me by taking me into a hug. She smelled Jasmine just like her name.

"I told you that you've grown old but you wouldn't believe me. Now look, she gave you the proof right?" both our faces turned to the door where a man in his mid fifties wearing a grey t-shirt and blue denim marched into the living area carrying one of my three bags.

"So what? she calls you sir, right?" the woman in front of me retorted folding her hands to her chest. I took a moment to check her out.She has this peculiar hazel colour eyes, blonde hair and pale skin that would be definitely frowned upon in India. But she is exceptionally beautiful in her own ways, her floral pattern red knee length frock added to her flawless beauty.

"That's because we are professionaly connected dear" he kissed her on her lips making me blush.

"Aryaah, meet my gorgeous wife Jasmine and dear this is Aryaah, my architectural designer" he introduced us and she hugged me again. I inhaled her scent again.

"I have a son named Arya, he is a wildlife photographer" Jasmine beamed after releasing me from the hug.

I wanted to tell her that I already know the complete history of her family but instead I just smiled and nodded.I know Neel as he is my project manager and also his son Arya as his picture along with the pictures he snapped comes on the Times magazine atleast once a month and then Jasmine, well even though we've never met I have heard about her a lot from Neel and last but not least Neel's other son, Arya's non identical twin brother Eric who runs a restaurant in the same building of my office and also the head chef of that restaurant.

This is my first time in Canada, huh who am I kidding? this is the first time I've ever come out of India, after completing my degree in architecture I straight away joined Rubies architecture and was working there for a year I came across an opening for architectural designer designation, I applied for it and even got selected to my surprise but nothing surprised me more when they informed me that my first client is from Canada and I have to stay in Canada and work there. Fortunately, Neel helped me a lot not only professionally but personally too...from the day he became my project head he always made me comfortable even from 1000 miles away from me...he connected online with me almost every day to get any update and give any updates, he knows how to make people work for him and when not to push the limit.. he offered to pick me up from the airport and even allowed me to use one of his son's room as Arya is most of the time out of country.