Chapter 4

Zoey

       I stood at the docks for a half hour, waiting for the ferry to arrive, and if I was still a human I'm sure that I would be freezing and possibly getting a cold. But I only felt the breeze of the wind and the spray of the ocean as it hit the rocks that were at the base of the docks.

Looking out at the ocean at night was a beautiful sight and I knew that Shaylin would love being here, knowing how close she is with water as her affinity.

I sighed and kept a look out for the ferry. The moon and the stars reflected off the surface of the ocean and I was amazed that I was chosen to be part of the night. 

The lighthouse flashed its light off in the distance, showing the way to our little island. 

In the distance I could see something making its way towards Avalon.

I tensed, more in anticipation than nervousness but both played a part as the ferry made its way toward the dock and set anchor. There was a big pickup truck that was on the ferry and I smiled because it very much reminded me of a human that meant the world to me

."High Priestess," the captain said to me and bowed slightly. "The boy is asleep, you should wake him."

I smiled at him. "Thank you for traveling between us and California, you may stay here for the night if you wish." He smiled back at me and murmured a thank you before turning away and letting the gate down to let the truck off.

I turned to the cabin of the boat and stepped in to see a sleeping boy with black hair and a very nice tan that proved he was very sporty.

Goddess, I thought to myself and Nyx, you did a good picking this one out.There was a light chuckle in the air and I smirked, knowing she could hear me and appreciate my humor.

I walked to the boy and placed my hands on his shoulders, shaking him slightly and when he didn't respond, shaking him a little harder.He still didn't respond.

"Goddess," I grunted. "This kid can sleep."

I ended up pushing him back and forth until he started coming to and responding to me. When he looked up at me with sleep still apparent, I got lost in his emerald green eyes. I felt my soul connect with his and so many feelings that I had locked away soon after Heath had died and after we defeated Neferet. 

I tensed and pulled away from him, reliving the memory of when Kalona killed Heath in Italy, and again when I sacrificed his soul to lock Neferet in the grotto and the shock of it being Heath's soul that was used instead of Stark's. 

I could sense the new fledgling's discomfort and confusion and I called spirit to him to calm him down.He tensed as well at the feeling of our connection and my affinity I've always felt closest to try to feel him.

"Just relax and let Spirit calm you," I whispered. I couldn't look at this new fledgling without utter confusion and strange feelings that I couldn't process. 

At this point, I was kneeling on the ground in a puddle of my own confusion and guilt, not being able to do anything except shield my feelings from Stark.

Author's Note:

So I won't be doing a lot of Zoey's point of view, just because we got to see so much of her in the actual series and I want to switch it up a little bit. Every once in a while I'l switch over to Zoey if I feel like it, but don't expect every other chapter to be Zoey.