Chapter 7: A life without Ouma..

-Shuichi's pov-

"Here are the results." The nurse handed Emily the papers and she handed them to me. "See? We're family." She gave me a smile but I ignored it. I examined the paper thoroughly. Making sure it wasn't fake.

"Impossible.." I mumbled out. "Should we go home now?" The man named Kou, who is said to be my father, asked me. I glanced at him and back at the papers. I wanted to tear them up and burn them.

"Let's go honey!" Emily hugged me from the side and I flinched. I pushed her away. "Don't touch me.." I frowned. "That's alright. I'm sorry for suddenly touching you without asking first!" She said happily.

I didn't like it. I didn't like it at all. I didn't know how they would treat me. I didn't know them at all. They're just some people I met today. I wanted to run back to Ouma's arms. I wanted to cry in his arms. But I'm being taken away from him again..

Again..My happiness is ruined once again..I might never see him again.."Shuichi? Are you hungry?" Kou interrupted my deep thoughts. I crumbled the papers and just looked at the floor. Nodding my head. Emily reached her hand out to me.

"Call me whatever feels right for you. Kay?" She smiled. I just grabbed her hand and continued to look at the floor. Why was my life like this? Why must god make my life miserable? I wanted answers. In truth..I just wanted Kokichi back.
________________

*Car door shutting*

"This is your new home! I hope you like it!" Emily said cheerfully. She dragged me along with her in the house. "Could you make something quick for Shuichi? He's hungry." Kou, who was behind us, asked a person wearing a white hat and white clothes.

"Of course, my lord." He bowed and walked off perhaps to the kitchen. "You can look around Shuichi. Explore to your heart's content." He told me. Emily let go of me and I walked off. Leaving them behind.

How would I be able to meet back with Ouma again? Would they let me leave or would I have to sneak out? I should memorize the landscape of this house first.

It'll make it easier if I do need to sneak out. But they never told me where I can and can't go. Should I just explore everywhere?

*An hour and a half later*

"I've explored the place." I walked back up to Emily and Kou. "Already? I thought it would have taken longer." Kou asked me. "Well, you came back in time for lunch!" Emily clapped her hands together and smiled.

"We didn't know what you like so we hope you don't mind" Kou sat at the table along with Emily. I also sat at the table. Sooner or later, lunch was served.

"How was it? Living with them I mean." Emily started a conversation. "Worse than horrible." I simply stated. I moved the food around on my plate with the fork. "They were abusive drug addicts." I added.

"What?" Kou put his fork down and looked at me. "You should have said something while we were still in the hospital!" Kou grabbed his phone but Emily covered it with her hand.

"Did you at least have someone else to rely on..?" Emily looked at me with uneasy eyes. "Why do you want to know that?" I asked. I was curious what they would do if they knew.

"It's better to have someone else you know you can rely on. We're worried about you.." She said. "Please tell me you have friends?" Kou jumped in the conversation.

I stopped playing with the food and looked at them. Their reactions seemed to be real. They weren't lying about worrying about me. "Two years ago..I was chased out of that house. Then I met him."

I slowly started. "Who did you meet?" Emily asked. "Someone kind..and loving..Someone who was always there for me for those two years." I looked back at the plate.

"What's his name?" Kou asked me. "..Ouma..He's someone who's beautiful..both in and out." I started playing with my food again. But with a smile on my face.

"I see.." Kou commented. Though I ignored everything else they said and ate the food. "Do you have something you like?" Emily asked me a question again.

I froze then looked at my wrist. I jumped up from my chair and checked my jacket's pockets. "What are you looking for?" Kou asked, standing up from his chair as well.

I checked my back pockets but it wasn't in there either. I finally check my front pockets. "A bracelet?" Emily looked at the bracelet I pulled out.

It was with me. I almost skipped a heartbeat..I sat back down and put it on my wrist. I didn't return to eating. Instead, I played with the bracelet. "Is that bracelet special to you in some way?" Emily asked me.

"Of course it is. It's my first gift I got.." I mumbled out. "What a pretty shade of purple." Emily said. "Isn't it? It's the color of his eyes.." I continued to fumble with the bracelet.

"Is that Ouma's eye color?" Emily ate some of her food off her plate. "Yes" I gave her a simple answer. "Did you receive anything else from Ouma?" Kou relaxed his shoulders and put his phone away.

"Everything he had to offer." I went back to eating. "You said you met him two years ago. Were you living with him for those two years?" Kou asked.

I stopped eating. "I was. Until they took me away from him." My voice grew angry. I was just reminded that I had been taken away from Ouma and frankly, I don't know where I am right now.

"So they dragged you out. Do you know where he lives? We could visit him and give him our thanks for these two years." Kou looked at me and asked.

"Could we really..?" I asked. I really wanted to see him. I wanted to bring him with me. "Of course we could. Just tell us where he lives and we can go there." Kou picked up a paper and pen.

"I..don't know the address..Nor the street.." In truth..I didn't really know any of that stuff. I only knew my way around because of the surroundings. But I never paid attention to signs.

"What's his full name? We can find out where he lives if you tell us his full name." Kou tapped the paper with the point of the pen. "I don't know his middle name..I only know his first and last name. But it's Kokichi Ouma." I picked my fork back up and finished the rest of my food. "Got it. What does he look like?" Kou asked.

"His hair defies gravity..It's a deep purple but he often wears it in a ponytail..You know his eye color already.." I put my hands in my lap and fiddled with the bracelet more.

"Thank you Shuichi. We should be able to find him in some time." Kou reassured me. I could feel my heart race at the thought of seeing Ouma again. This time though..I won't let him go..
_____________________________________
Word count: 1232
I'll be posting the next part later today :]