Chapter Twelve

March 25th 1986
3:19 PM
Hawkins Graveyard

TW: C@r crash flashbacks, mentions of death, mentions of m*rder attempt/su*c*de attempt, st@b wound, getting choked (not in the good way)

Will slowly got out of the car, he didn't really wanna do this, but he was gonna die, so he had to.

Will was followed by Mike, who begged to go with Will, Steve, and Robin to Hawkins.

"Mike, please go wait in the car. Please.." Will begged.

"No." Mike began, "Will, listen to me... I just want to let you know that you're going to be fine. We'll all take care of and protect you. I'll protect you! Just.. Please-" Mike was cut off.

"No... Mike seriously, please," Will puts a hand up to stop him, "Not right now I have to do something important." Will sighed.

Mike had inhaled shakily and reached into his pocket as he sighed.

He held up the letter to Will.

"You see this?" He asked.

Will opened his mouth to speak but was cut off when Mike lightly shoved the letter into his chest.

Will carefully grabbed it, as Mike continued.

"I don't want a letter. I don't need a letter. I just want you to talk to me," Mike begs, "Seriously Will! We're right here! I'm right here." Mike stated.

"I care about you! So much, Will. And I want to know if you're okay, I-I need you to tell me how you're feeling... I wanna help you." Mike finished.

Will felt the tears in his eyes, and as one softly fell, Mike carefully wiped it away with his thumb. Will inhaled shakily.

"Mike, I appreciate this, I'm so glad you're always here for me... But seriously, I need to be able to handle this on my own. Please wait in the car.." Will said.

Mike stared at Will in confusion and slight shock, he opened up to Will, and he just asked him to go away?!

Will handed Mike the letter back and walked away.

Will walked until he found the one he was looking for.

Lonnie Byers (Died in 1980)

He slowly sat down in front of it and reached into his jacket pocket. He pulled out the same brown envelope he gave the others and opened it.

He slowly grabbed the letter out and unfolded it carefully.

"Dear Dad," He began, glancing up at the headstone. He cringed at the title but brushed it off.

He quickly looked back down at the letter.

"It's me... I uh... Am here to talk. I don't know if you can hear this or not, but I hope you can."