₀₀₃

three : terrible tragedy !

THE MEMORIES FROM LAST PLAYED IN MAISIE'S HEAD as she woke up the next morning for work. as perusal her little brother took his sweet time getting ready. the henderson family was fairly known to be late anywhere they went. no matter how far their destination was, they were granted on being minutes late.

mae stood in front of the mirror applying coats of mascara. her long lashes being enchanted with the lash product. she gently patted a cherry colored blush on her cheeks, finishing it off with a pink lip tint. she left her hair down and natural, having no time to curl it anyway. she wore blue flared jeans with a thin brown belt that matched her brown platform shoes. a green vest ( her work uniform ) was placed over a v cup top that was sleeveless, it was yellow with green, brown, and light blue flowers as the pattern.

maisie didn't like the uniform she had to wear but at least she was free to wear whatever she wanted under it. she worked at the family video shop along with robin and steve. after the mall "fire" they started looking and applying for jobs able. the only one that was up to employee them three was the family video. her shift started early in the morning, meaning she only had a few minutes before she would have to start the car.

claudia henderson was seated on the couch with her son watching the news. cradling a cat in her arms as she watched the tv screen with horror. a hawkins high student was found murdered the night before, the police having no clue who could commit just a terrible crime.

the sound of the door bell, rang throughout the house just as maisie was walking out the bathroom, shutting the door closed. dustin was the first to open the front door, revealing the person on the other side. a redhead stood with a worried expression tapping her foot on the ground at a rapid pace.

"max?" the boy questioned.

without another word, the girl was lead into his room along with maisie who was as confused as dustin.

once they entered the room, mae shuts the door behind her. max stood near dustin's bed as he paced around the room processing the information the mayfield girl announced. maisie sat over on her brothers bed, biting the skin off her lip and fidgeting with her hands.

"chrissy cunningham?" dustin asked. "you sure it was chrissy?"

"yes, in her cheerleader outfit. same thing she was in when i saw her with eddie." max explained. last night max had spotted eddie munson with chrissy fucking cunningham.

they were alone and together — in his trailer???

maisie didn't know why her breathe slowed or why she felt a pain in her chest when max mentioned that part. mae found it strange that eddie the freak munson was with chrissy the sweetheart cunningham. could it be that he was with chrissy and not maisie. it couldn't be right? there was no reason for mae to have this ridiculous feeling.

so she decided, just like she's been doing a lot apparently, she tried her hardest to push whatever feeling aside.

"chrissy was with eddie?" maisie straighten up form her spot on the bed. "i mean, if you ask me that must be the most weird, yet strangest thing i've been told in the last three years." she said, still shocked.

"i know. trust me, i've seen a lot of weird shit but that had to be the weirdest." the redhead assures the older girl, who just nods her head.

dustin stopped in his spot to face both of the girls. "did you tell all this to the cops?"

"no" max said in a obvious tone. "no, but i. . . i can't be the only one who saw them together. i mean, they stood out." there was no question about that.