The New School

Luz pov 

I finally begged my mom to let me go to a different school. I have wanted to get out of the school I am in now for a while now. I hate it at my school. It's not a good school. The principal is not really that good. Also I have no friends. I am just looking for a new start. Everyone hates me at school. I have only had one friend my whole entire life. Her name is Amity. We became friends in the middle of second grade. After that we became best friends and we had a lot of sleepovers. But when we were in sixth grade she had to move schools. We promised to still talk on the phone but then after a little bit she has been ignoring my text messages and calls. I think she hates me now though but I am not sure.

 My mom, Eda well Eda is not my real mom. When I was in first grade my parents had passed away. They both got in a bad car accident. Eda was my babysitter so she would always babysit me when my parents went out. When that happened she adopted me. I do remember my parents but also I don't. I was young when they had passed away. 

I start at Bonesborough high school on Monday. Today someone is going to give me a tour of the whole school. I can't wait. I heard really good things about the school. "LUZ IT IS TIME TO GO". My mom yelled out from downstairs. I ran downstairs all ready to go then I went in the car. My mom could tell I was excited. I have been wanting to go to this school for a while now. My mom even agrees with me that the school I go to now sucks. The whole car ride is all quiet until my mom says something. "Are you sure you'll be okay in a different school". My mom can be really overprotective sometimes but I am lucky to have a mom like her. "Yes I am sure. It is a chance for a new start." I reply with a smile. Yeah I might be a little nervous but I am mostly very excited. We arrive at the school and the principal is waiting for us at the entrance. I got out of the car. Eda had to stay in the car because the principal said to. Which I really do not understand why.

"Hi I am Principal Bump welcome to Bonesborough High school. One of our students will give you a tour of the school. She is just using the bathroom so she will be right back". Then like a minute later a girl with green hair arrives at the entrance of the school. Then I realized who it was. It was Amity! I did not know she goes to school here. Principal Bump introduces me to her. Even though I know Amity already. I wonder If she recognizes me. I don't even know if she remembers me It's been 3 years since we stopped talking and stopped being friends. "This is Amity Blight she will be giving you a tour of the whole school". Principal Bump opens up the door then me and Amity both walk in. Then he closes the door.

"Luz is that you?" Amity said looking confused. "Yes it is me. I missed you so much Amity". Amity pulls me into a hug.Then I hug back. "I missed you too". Amity said while she broke the hug after a few seconds. "Amity why did you ignore all of my phone calls and text messages?" I say to her. Then she replies back saying "Oh I have been really busy with everything I had chores and a lot of homework and studying to do". She sounded like she was lying. I know when she is lying. I was about to say something but then she speaks. "Okay I am going to start to show you around now we only have an hour left".

The hour went by fast and in a little less than an hour she was able to show me everything. We just talked while we walked out of the school. We were just talking about how it long it has been ever since and we have not seen each other in such a long time. My mom was waiting for me by the entrance so I said bye to Amity and then I went in the car. 

"Mom Amity goes to Bonesborough High School too." I said. "Amity? The one you used to be best friends with." I nod. "Really how do you know that?" Eda questions. "Because Amity was the one showing me around the school. I think we are actually starting to be friends again". I answer. "Thats good you already have one friend that your going to be in the same school with."

I cant wait for school monday which is 2 days away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sorry this chapter is short.