Prologue

March 21st 1986

8:38AM

The Highschool

Will walked into his first period with Eleven by his side and sat down.

"What do you think Mike's gonna say when he sees me tomorrow?" El asked.

Will knew it might've been something to do with her appearance. She looked more mature. Her hair had gotten longer, she was a bit taller, she learned how to do makeup and always wore a little bit, and her style had gotten better.

Right now El's hair had braids going on either side, connecting in a ponytail in the back.

Will learned how to do all different kinds of hairstyles just so he could do El's hair. She woke him up extra early so he could do it, and Will loved it.

El was wearing one of Will's shirts. She liked it, so Will let her borrow it. It was just a plain white shirt with a few red stripes on the sleeves. She had a pink jacket over top, and a pink skirt with a belt to hold it up. Her black leggings had a few holes in them, but El liked the way they looked with her outfit. She even had black sneakers on.

Will was wearing a white tee shirt with a dark brown hoodie over top. He had on a pair of light-blue jeans, and black sneakers.

Unlike El, Will didn't care about his appearance. El went to school looking for compliments on her outfits, and Will just went to get it the hell over with.

"He's probably gonna say you look pretty," Will shrugged, leaning back in his seat.

El smiled at her brother before reaching into her bag for her homework.

"I hate this class," The girl beside Will said, glancing at him.

He looked over at her confused.

"What...?" He asked.

He wasn't sure why she was speaking to him. I mean, no one at this school ever does. They all find him weird and bully him.

"I hate this class." She repeated and smiled.

"Yeah... This class is okay, I guess.." Will shrugged, "I'd rather be doing anything than history, though.." Will muttered.

The girl giggled and leaned closer to Will.

"You're Will... Right?" She asked.

"Yeah.." He nodded.

She held out her hand.

"Amelia." She stated.

Will smiled at her as he shook her hand. Amelia opened her mouth to speak, but their conversation was interrupted by the teacher.

"Okay, class! Homework out, please. We're gonna go around the room and answer the questions," The teacher announced, standing at the front of the room.

Will turned to his backpack to get out his homework. He could've sworn he saw Amelia stare at him and bite her lip, but he shrugged it off awkwardly.