Chapter 1

Saturday evenings always seemed to drag on forever. They claimed themselves as one of the worst evenings to exist, or at least to Tommy. It always seemed to play out the same way, all he'd want to do is hang out with his best friend, yet, said friend was always busy.

"What is it that's so important? Do you not like spending time with me anymore, Tubbo?" Tommy had asked as Tubbo prepared to leave him for whatever seemed to consume his Saturday evenings.

"It's really nothing exciting or important. Besides, you wouldn't wanna hear about it anyways. See you later though!"

That was the last thing Tommy had remembered Tubbo saying. And if it were any other day, he would have believed him. But this day had decided to play itself out differently.

As he was leaving the library the two had been studying at, Tommy watched as Tubbo entered someone's car. The only thing Tommy could remember was the piercing eyes of the driver.

That was a week ago, and it made Tommy all the more determined to find out exactly what Tubbo had been up to. Curiosity took over his actions, and he found himself sitting in his car outside Tubbo's house. He kept his car at a distance far enough that he couldn't be seen. To avoid the feeling of doubt coming up his throat, he decided to give Tubbo a final chance. He whipped his phone out and scrolled through his contacts before he found Tubbo's number. Without thinking, he instantly clicked the call button and brought the phone to his ear. The sound of ringing was heard from the other side before he heard the voice of this friend break through.

"Hello?" He answered casually.

"Tubbo!!" Tommy shouted.

"Jeez- what? What do you need?" Tubbo responded.

"What I need is you to tell me the truth!" Tommy boomed into the mic.

"Huh? The...truth? About what? What are you talking about?" Genuine confusion filled Tubbo's voice.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about! Where do you go every Saturday night? Why can't we at least do something one Saturday? Are you ditching me or something?"

"Tommy- I've told you, it's really nothing you'd want to hear about, I promise. Look, I'll try to make time next Saturday."

"I don't even care about that anymore, I just want to know where you go? Is that so wrong? Do you not trust me or something? Just say that if it's true!"

"Look, I'm not talking about this anymore. Please just stop asking," before Tommy could get out a response, the phone was hung up from the other side. He groaned.

That was it. He patiently waited for a car to make its way out of Tubbo's driveway. As the car sped off, so did Tommy's. He made sure to keep his distance as he pursued the car until he was led to a gate. His heart began pounding loudly as he watched Tubbo reach out of the car window and push numbers into a keypad that cemented itself into the ground. He worried that this was a mistake, but as the car proceeded through the now opened gate, Tommy impulsively trailed behind.

The road was long, thin, and poorly lit, all Tommy could see was the light of the car in front of him, careful to not turn his own headlights on. In the distance, a light source could be slightly seen. As he got closer, he could make out the figures of people, lots of people. He pondered on why the car in front of him wasn't stopping.

'They'll hit someone if they aren't careful...' Tommy thought to himself as he approached the crowds. Suddenly, the car he had been chasing for so long made a sharp turn, too fast for Tommy to copy, leaving him no choice but to continue driving.

After minutes of slowly making his way through the crowds (and almost hitting a few people) he finally found a place to park his car. He grabbed his keys and stuffed them in his pocket as he made his exit from the car.