11. 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞.

After the incident with everyone else back at Kisaki's base..

you passed out after hugging Senju. They brung you back to the mansion, including Takuya. Your body felt so exhausted that it gave up. Everyone watched you I awe as you were peacefully sleeping in your bed.

They agreed that two people should watch you. After a few hours you opened your eyes. There was a tug on you when you tried to get up. "What the.." you looked down at Senju who was holding you. She climbed into the bed, also falling asleep.

"She missed you more than everyone else." A calm voice spoke. You turned your head to Hanma standing by the door. You looked back at Senju, running your fingers through her hair. "I thought you were dead." You stated. He sighed. "I thought I was too. But I'm glad I'm not." Hanma frowned. "I wouldn't had got the opportunity to properly apologize to you." His comment made you raise you head but soon lower it back down. "That apology would be very hard to accept." You commented. Silence filled in between the conversation. "I know.. and I don't expect you to automatically forgive me." He approached closer. "What I did was terrible to you. I take the blame for everything I did. But I need to tell you that I wasn't the one doing it." He started.

You were now all ears, confused. "Kisaki was behind everything. He treated me like a puppet.. and when he found out about our relationship, he wanted all control over you like he did me and he figured it'll be best to do it through me." Hanma stopped, not wanting to relive the past. "When I fought against it, he threatened to hurt you and I didn't want that. But he ended up hurting you in the end anyways.. I thought if I joined his organization by force he would leave you alone. He only craved you more and it's my fault." He mumbled.

"Why did you come over that one day?" You asked. "To warn you about him, he said if I was able to convince you to come back with me he would let us both live a free life. I knew he was lying but I was too oblivious. You're precious to me Y/n and always have been.." Hanma finished. After all these years, the truth has finally been revealed. "I'm sor–" you moved away from Senju to hug him. He hesitated at first but wrapped his arms around your waist. His hold was sincere, he really was sorry.

You heard him silently sob on your shoulder, you let a tear or two fall as well. "You risked your life so I could have a happy ending." You cried. "But I won't be having one any time soon.." Hanma pulled away to look at you directly. "What?" He whispered. "My happy ending if far from starting. I still have a long way to go." You sniffled. He wiped the tears off your face. "Your happy ending can start whenever you want it to. There's never an exact moment you can find happiness." He reassured. "But I don't deserve it–"

"— There are people downstairs who would risk their life for you. Don't you understand? You yourself have saved so many lives not even realizing, including me, Senju, even Draken." Tears were coming down like a waterfall. He pulled you in as you continuously sobbed on him. It was like your heart was aching from his words. Hanma held you tight, he knew the pain you were suffering from. He had hoped that one day he would be able to hold you like this and comfort you.

After awhile you cried out all your tears. He wiped the remaining off your face with his thumb. All that crying put you back to sleep, you laid back down with Senju who held you tight while sleeping. Hanma left the room to update the others on your health. He quietly shut the door, he froze seeing the Bonten members waiting for him outside. "How is she?" Mikey asked, breaking the silence.

"She's doing better.." Hanma responded. "It's best that she doesn't touch a gun for awhile. She needs a lot time to herself to recover." He added. The door to your room closed again as Senju left. The attention was on her as their was a concerned expression written on her face. "Senju, what happened?" Sanzu asked. "There's was a tattoo on her lower back but it looked like it was burned off somehow." She explained. They all shared the same expression but Mikey's was worst. "It was her Bonten tattoo." He answered.

The silence was loud. No one knew what to say or how to defuse the tension. "If she's really apart of this family. She doesn't need a lable to show it." Senju implied. "She always wanted a fresh start.. and maybe this is just a step closer to that." She noted, with a serious face. "I have an idea." Koko smiled.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

𝐘/𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

When I woke back up again, the hold around my waist was free. Senju had left, and so did Hanma. I was getting dehydrated and wanted something to drink. I sat up on the bed and slid my feet into some slippers.

"Why is it so quiet.." I mumbled. I rubbed my eyes and reached for the doorknob. It sounded like chattering when I walked out my room. A pair of arms swooped me off my feet. "Please stay in bed." A raspy voice spoke. "Take–" I exclaimed. He carried me back to my room. "But I'm thirsty." I replied. Takeomi gently laid me onto my bed. "I'll bring you something up. But you need to rest." He insisted.

I let out a low sigh. It feels like I'm being treated like a mental patient. Takeomi took one last glance before leaving my room. I sat on my bed and stared out the window, my head rested on my knees. "Has the clouds always been this beautiful?" I thought to myself. I grabbed the hand that was behind me. They stood still for a second. "It's just me." Takeomi remarked, quietly. "Isn't the sky beautiful?" I asked him. I looked over at him with a blank expression. He gave me a small smile. "Yes." He answered, he continued to place down my water on my night stand.

"Come on, I have something to show you." He gently grabbed my hand, helping me off my bed. I followed behind him out my bedroom. He covered my eyes once we exited out the hallway. There were small chatters here and there. We stopped walking, he leaned down towards my ear. "Surpise." He whispered before removing his hands from my vision. Once I was able to see again, I scanned the room. There was a poorly made "Welcome Home" poster hanging from the banister, there were balloons everywhere, bottles of champagne, and gift box laying on the coffee table.

Was this all for me? I turned to Takeomi, puzzled. He only smiled. "WELCOME HOME!!" Everyone yelled from behind me. I turned around to see everyone with party hats and a couple with bottles of champagne already. I smiled, with streams of tears.

"I'm home."