THIRTEEN

MIGUEL

Today is the last day that we’re going to end our educational journey.

Andito kaming lahat sa field dahil sa closing program na gaganapin bago kami umuwi.

I suddenly remember last year’s educational journey.

It was fun and memorable.

‘Yon din kasi ‘yung araw na nagka-aminan kami ni Felix ng nararamdaman sa isa’t-isa.

Just like what happened to me and Phoelix now.

Well, I guess history repeats itself.

But I hope this time, I will now have my happy ending.

“Welcome lakandula students in our closing program” our coordinator said while she’s on the stage.

“Are you all ready?” she asked with full energy and everyone shouted ay they got hyped.

“For today’s program will be just simple. As you all can see, meron tayong live band dito sa stage, but we don’t have a vocalist” she said.

“That's why I am inviting you all and for those student who wants to sing, itaas ang kamay at sumigaw ng malakas!” she shouted to give energy to the crowd.

Everyone also shouted as they are raising their hands.

Napatingin naman ako sa katabi kong si Phoelix.

“Do you want to sing?” I asked him.

“I do. But the question is, do you want to hear me sing?”

“If you dare” I challenged him.

“Hmm” tila umaarte pa itong may iniisip.

“Ano bang reward na matatanggap ko?”

I froze when his face gets closer and looked at me seductively.

I swallowed hard as I am trying my best not to look at his lips.

“Anything you want” I answered.

He smirked. “I like that” his deep voice gave chills in my whole body.

“Asa ka” agad kong pinitik ang noo niya.

“Aray ang sakit nun ah” reaksyon niya naman at lumayo sakin.

Napailing-iling nalang ako at bahagyang napatawa.

“Okay, I guess we found our vocalist” bukambibig ng coordinator at nabaling ang atensyon namin sa kanya.

Wait.

Ivan?

“Let’s welcome, Mr. Ivan Del Rosario” she introduced and everyone in the crowd clapped.

Ivan’s singing?

I didn’t know that he’s into music.

The crowd went silent and waited for the music to start.

Ivan was just standing in front of the mic stand and getting his self ready.

(There's Nothing Holding Me Back by Shawn Mendez)

“I wanna follow where she goes. I think about him and she knows it. I wanna let her take control, cause every time when she gets close, yeah”

What in the actual fuck?

Sa halos isang taong pagka-kaibigan namin, hindi ko man lang alam na ganito ka-pogi ang boses niya.

“She pulls me in enough to keep me guessing, and maybe I should stop and start confessing, confessing yeah”