What IF?

Riya - a girl who often looses things out of her silliness . A girl with willpower but also has the fear of unknown . Speaking of Riya, she isn't very tall , not very attractive , isn't very smart and also not that  good at study. In short, not good at anything. It's not like she's dumb or something like that. She is kind of girl who can do anything if she wills.Nothing is impossible for her if she sets her mind to it . But she is terrified of doing something she truly desires. Before beginning something new, she constantly has the same thought: "What if I fail? What if I lose again?" . It's just her fear. Fear of ' WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I DO THIS?'. It's the fear of being unsuccessful  which is also known as the fear of 'WHAT IF?'

Every time this 'WHAT IF?' stuff becomes the biggest obstacle on her way to do something. This shit literally snatched everything from her. Her joy, her talent, her motivation, everything. And most importantly it took away her love. She lost someone very precious person to her because of this 'WHAT IF?' stuff.

Riya used to like someone. That someone was always someone who gave her hope and strength to move forward in life. He was always by her side. She was so in love with him that she couldn't bear the thought of losing him. That someone meant a lot to her.But she'd never been that special to him. But was OK with her since she knew that he did not get much time a long time he get to know her, Though she had known him from the very beginning ( about 5 years). So the fact that she wasn't important to him didn't bother her much.

A guy of her school. She had a huge crush on him. His name is Eric -Eric Simmons. This guy meant so much to her. They have been friends around 2 years. He thinks Riya as a 'just friend', whereas she regards him as her best friend. Many of her female classmates had a crush on him. All of them wanted to be his friend but Riya is the only one who got the chance. So she didn't want this friendship to break. She wanted to continue this friendship. That's why she never opened her heart to him.

She had so many thoughts about telling him everything, but she always stopped herself because of this 'WHAT IF?' shit. What if questions like 'What if he dislikes being in a relationship or dating?  What if he doesn't feel the same way I do for him? What if I get rejected? What if our friendship falls apart? What if he loves me back but his, my, or both families refuse to accept us?' strike her in the mind. But thinking of that one family question she stopped thinking and decided not confess to him and accept whatever the future held and live like nothing happened. But this was the biggest mistake of her life.