Chapter 38: It's over.

Ash's POV:

Candice, Scott and I walked in the building, searching places to sit near her family to witness the fight. It just started.

We could see the entire arena lit up while in the arena itself it was dark. It gave the illusion it was dark to her and the monster. I assumed it was a him due to the mane he had.

But I couldn't watch the part where he tried to rip her apart due to her stabbing him in the throat, so I waited for the fight to end as I saw them rushing towards her.

As her family rushed towards the medic room, I smiled softly at her.

She did it with literal ease.

I believed she only had one more fight and then her Championship was over, then she could rest for a month.

Once her family left so I was alone with her, I whispered in her ear soothing words, making her wake slowly.

"Hey." She smiled softly at me.

"Hey little fighter." I chuckled softly, kissing her forehead.

"Did I do well?" She asked me softly.

"You killed that thing with ease, baby. Of course you did well." I spoke to her

"It hurts, anesthesia worn out." She spoke.

"I'll heal it when we get you back home." I assured her.

Then the principal walked towards her.

"You did well, Sophia! Congrats." He spoke.

"I need to do one more fight." She spoke.

"Not in this state. It's over for you, don't worry." He spoke.

"I got your grades."

"For this fight a neat 7,5, this means: combination of technique, power, using the environment and such." Sophia nodded, listening carefully.

"For the overall performances a total of an 8,5. Meaning you got in the top 5 of Females in the entire Championship. Congrats." He added, making her face lit up.

I then softly squeezed her hand as I smiled at her.

"Your boyfriend on the other hand still has some fights to fight, so I might keep that a secret still." He winked at me.

"Now, go rest, I don't want to see you at school for over 2,5 weeks at least, Miss Chief." He added, waving goodbye and wishing me good luck.

"Congrats, baby, you deserved it." I spoke to her, kissing her.

The nurse told her me nor anyone could heal her now, seeing she needed to recover by herself, otherwise it could affect her or that person's health.

"But what about the times you did heal me?" She asked me.

"That was no harm. Don't worry, I'll help you with getting up etc." I assured her.

"But probably due to the radioactive stuff the monster had." I added.

-----

I carried her home, they stitched it up really well.

I rang the doorbell as her mother immediately opened it, smiling at both of us.

It was only focusing on my fights now. She was forced to either stay at home, or go to me in a wheelchair.

But I assured her she could watch me fight in the arena with some help of Scott and Candice.

Axel was the proud big brother and got her a new knife as a present.

Nick's fights were already done, he also scored a big 8,5. He was ranked fourth in Males.

But those ranks were until 18, meaning they'd get a reset once they turn 19.

If they reached 21, it would become harder for them.

I carried Sophia to her room and laid her down carefully.

"Please stay, I'm gonna be bored." She pouted to me, making me lay down beside her.

Seeing her bandage wrapped around her injuries, that also meant no doing naughty stuff. I could deal with that, but I didn't know about this one right here.

"I didn't expect the principal to literally order you to take rest." I chuckled at her as she muttered.

"I can't go train, I can't walk, it's unfair. Stupid lion." She muttered.

"He could've scratched me everywhere, but not my knees. Apparently everyone likes to injure my knees." She groaned annoyed.

"Ey, he didn't injure your lips." I smirked at her, leaning down and kissing her.

"But seeing I don't want to hurt you, you might have to accept only kissing." I spoke, as she muttered even more, making me cackle.

"Awh, someone a bit addicted to her boyfriend?" I cooed her, smirking.

"I'm not gonna answer that." She spoke, trying to not smile.

"Admit it, you are~" I grinned, kissing her forehead.

"You're a bully." She spoke.

"Oh I know." I spoke.
"We'll catch up." I trailed my fingers down.

"But for now, you need rest. Plenty of it."

Ugh I feel useless she thought.

I stared at her.

"What?" She frowned.

"You're not useless, ever. I'll come over as much as I can and until your parents are sick of me. I'll make sure you can come to see my fights even though I just said that, we'll get there, kid." I spoke, stroking her hair.

"Now go sleep, I'll stay over tonight." I added.

As she drifted off to sleep, I stroke her softly as she laid against me.

Then her mom came inside and stared in awe.

"We wanted to talk to you for a second, but we will wait until she is sleeping more deeply." She whispered.

---

As she rolled to the other side of her bed, I carefully went downstairs, seeing her mom and dad sitting at the kitchen table.

"Did she tell you her ranks and overall grade yet?" I smiled at them.

"No, we only heard that it was very well done by her principal. Mind to tell us?" They asked me curiously.

As I told them, they smiled at each other.

"We will tell her aunt, thanks for telling us." Her dad nodded to me.

"But now back to the main topic."

"Axel overheard you talking to her, and seeing you actually put effort in the relationship with her, we think it's time for her to move out." Her mom spoke.
"With you." Her dad added.