Double Date

"Krish! You'll be fine!"

"I...I don't know, Priya. What if I start blabbering and she thinks I'm weird? Or what if I freeze up and can't say anything?"

"Krish, I have solutions for both of those scenarios. If you start blabbering, I'll step on your foot to shut you up. And if you freeze up, I'll still step on your foot and try to get you to speak up. Now relax!"

Despite Priya's calm assurances, Krish bounced his leg anxiously. His eyes shifted between his watch and the entrance of the restaurant, waiting for his date to arrive.

Seeing her best friend all nervous, Priya sighed. She had to admit; when Ram had half-jokingly proposed the idea of Krish going on a date with Vedika, she felt uneasy. She knew how much hurt Vedika had caused Ram in the past, and she was afraid that Vedika would try to interfere with her marriage again while also hurting Krish in the process, dumping him for someone better when the opportunity arose. But then, Vedika came back from Manali. Ram had shown Priya a text on his phone from her, asking whether it was possible to meet both of them to apologize for her actions. There, Vedika explained everything that had occurred since Ram and Priya got married, including every scheme she had crafted with Nandini. She also provided proof that she had confessed to her crimes and had gone through sufficient counseling while in Manali. It was easy to convince Ram of his stepmother's doings; his trust in her had dwindled significantly since the revelation of his father's murderers, and hearing about her shrewd plans was the final nail in the coffin. Priya, being the rational and practical person she was, took some time to get convinced by her husband's ex. But after meeting with Vedika multiple times, where Vedika would profusely apologize each time and swear that she had turned over a new leaf, her anger and concern soon faded as well.

---

"Ram, I'm scared. What if he finds out about my past? What if he questions me about Manali and Shashi?"

"Vedika, please calm down. Krish isn't a judgmental dude at all, and I'm sure he'll understand everything that's happened. Now come on, they're waiting for us," Ram replied before dragging Vedika into the restaurant.

Priya looked up and beamed when she saw Ram and Vedika approaching the table. She nudged Krish to stand up before doing so herself.

"Hope we didn't keep you both waiting too long. Our dear Vedika here was quite a bit nervous and took her sweet time to look perfect," Ram said as they all sat down.

"H-hi Vedika," Krish stuttered, mesmerized by Vedika's beauty. She was wearing a light pink sari, and her wavy hair perfectly framed her face; very different from Priya's style, but equally, if not more, beautiful.

On the other end, Vedika was also stunned. She had always thought of Ram and Shashi as attractive men, but Krish's handsomeness was so different.

"H-hi Krish," she stammered back.

They both looked dreamily into each other's eyes, forgetting the presence of everyone else in the restaurant, including their tablemates Ram and Priya.

"Will we have to do the talking for them?" Priya mumbled to Ram.

"I guess we will, or else they'll spend the entire time staring at each other. Which would be fine any other day, because our date could go smoothly and we wouldn't be interrupted. But we ARE here to set them up."

Ram cleared his throat, jolting Krish and Vedika out of their reveries.

"Vedika, this is Krish Dixit. He's 35 years old and a private investigator. Very smart, very handsome," Priya spoke loudly.

"Krish, this is Vedika Kumar. She's 37 years old and works alongside me and the gang at Kapoor Urban Strategies. As you can see, she's quite stunning," Ram said.