4

*song + Geneva in mm, a couple hours after arriving at studio, JADA'S POV*
-
"You love the way I pop my top,
or how I lose my cool,
or how I look at you,
Say why?
It ain't no fighting, no I can't stop it,
This took a while, yeah,
Love the way I pump my fist,
or how I bust my hip,
For your affection, tryna be down,
No fighting,
And no stopping,
Stick around,
Wish I was the type of girl that you take home to your momma,
The type of girl, I know my daddy, he'd be proud of,
Uh, be proud of,
Uh, be proud of, uh, be proud, you know, you know
Wanna be the type of girl you take home to your momma,
The type of girl I know your fellas they'd be proud of,
Uh, be proud of, uh, be proud of, boy you know,
Normal girl, oh,
I wish I was a normal girl, oh my,
How do I be? How do I be your baby?
Normal girl, oh, oh, oh, oh,
I wish I was a normal girl,
I'll never be, no never be a, oh"
     "How was that?"
     "I don't like how.. you didn't come here sooner! I knew your voice was amazing and you could write, but shit." I let out a sigh of relief at Stokeley's words, thinking he wouldn't like it. 
     "I want to add more to this song, I just haven't thought of the lyrics yet." I scribble in my notebook some, thinking of a next verse.
     "What made you write this?" The question makes me drop my pen, stopping my actions. I look at him in thought for quite some time. I know the answer, but like I also don't. Jahseh. That's the answer, I just don't know why. I don't really have feelings for him, which is where my confusion sprouts from. I just remember writing one day while thinking about him, and these words appeared.
     Instead of giving a deep answer like the one I have prepared, I just shrugged. "I don't know, the lyrics just came to mind, I guess." The real answer is too complicated for my brain, so I already know that expressing it will be even harder.
     "Come out the booth, we can go get food and go back to the house." I nod and collect my stuff, following Ski out the door.
     "What do you wanna eat?" He asks me, a few minutes into the ride. I sigh and think, then point to a Mcdonald's I see coming up. We pull in and order for ourselves + Jahseh, then head back.
     Once we open the front door, we're met by the sounds of headboards hitting the wall and moaning. My heart slightly breaks, but I get over it quickly. No point in being heartbroken, I don't like him and we weren't together. Ski sighs and makes a look of disgust, making me laugh. We watch TV and eat our food, and we're met by footsteps coming down the stairs about thirty minutes later.
     "Oh... hey." A female voice greets us, and we turn to see Geneva. Great. I give a fake smile and wave, while Ski just turns his attention back to the TV. Jahseh trails the steps behind her and gets his food from the Mcdonald's bag, and he sits in a loveseat with Geneva.
     We ended up deciding to watch Camp Rock, and halfway through the movie, we hear kissing sounds. It doesn't bother me that we're watching a movie and they're doing this, for fucks sake, it's a kids movie that I've watched over a hundred times. What bothers me is that they're doing it in our presence. That's fucking disgusting.
     Ski pauses the movie and looks over to them. "Yo, if y'all were just gonna do this shit again, why did you even come out? You for damn sure could've stayed up in your room and continued your shit." He speaks with an aggressive voice, and it takes everything in me not to chuckle.
     Jah looks up while Geneva rolls her eyes. Skank. "My bad, we'll stop. You can continue the movie." Ski huffs, then presses play due to Jah's request. Another twenty minutes in, we're greeted by more houses. Not kissing this time, but Genevas complaints.
     "Why the fuck are we even watching this? How old are we, 13?"
     "You can go." I finally speak up, getting tired of her bullshit. She looks taken aback by me actually speaking to her, but I just keep a nonchalant look on my face.
     Now, let me explain. Me and Geneva have met before, and we've seen eachother countless numbers of times. We never got along though, were always butting heads. I always felt as if something was off but I tried to ignore it. That was until she thought it was a good idea to pull up at my house and try to beat my ass. Tuh, wish a bitch would. She ended up leaving that day with a black eye and not leaving a scratch on me, but ever since, she stayed out of my way and so I stayed out of hers, like my grandma always told me to do (Garden tease).
     "Who told you to speak?" I make a look of disgust, confused on who she's talking to.
     "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know there were rules to my mouth. Anyways, like I said, you can leave if you want. The door isn't too far." Is this my house to be kicking people out of? No. Do I care? Also, no.
     "Look, bitch. I don't know who the fuck you think you're talking to, but I'll literally beat your ass right the fuck now." I take a minute to laugh.
     "And how did that go last time for you? I'm not touching you though, I don't want anything else added to Jahseh's record." Jahseh looks up at me with hurt in his eyes, and I can tell I hit a nerve, but frankly, I couldn't care less.
     "Look Geneva, just leave. I'll see you tomorrow. I love you." Jahseh finally breaks everything up, but I can't help but be disgusted by his choice of words. She finally leaves, but not before raising her middle finger at me. Childish.