Introduction

A few things that you should know before you read this book.

1. This book is omegaverse. There are two sexes instead of one: a primary sex (male or female) and a secondary sex (Alpha, Omega, or Beta).

2. This is my first time writing for this genre, so yeah.

3. This book will have smut. So if you don't like smut or how I write it,... then I'm going to put a warning, so you can skip it. Duh.

4. I'm not an expert on the omegaverse, so if I wrote something that you don't agree with, ignore it.

5. This story will not be having dark themes beyond the first chapter. I put trigger warnings at the beginning of the chapter.

6. I really hope that yall give this book a chance.

Terminology:

Primary Sex: The base sex of an individual, commonly either male or female, but exceptions occur with a combination of the two. These are not influence secondary sex (females are not more likely to be omega, etc).

Secondary Sex (also known as Dynamic): Commonly referred to as the 'modification' of the primary sex. Secondary sexes (or types) refer to being Alpha, Beta, or Omega. It is not influenced by the primary sex.

Alpha: Commonly the most territorial of the typings and are commonly (but not always) the most dominant. They exhibit knots and go into ruts.

Beta: A general term for someone who is between being an Alpha or Omega. They are able to detect scents and are able to scent others, but they do not possess all the anatomical or biological parts of either an Omega or Alpha. The most common Beta-types are Beta-A and Beta-O, with the letter indicating which side of the spectrum they lean.

Omega: Commonly the least territorial of the typings and are commonly (but not always) the most submissive. They exhibit heats and will have a womb or womb-like structure (depending on the primary sex).

Knot / Knotting: A bulge of muscles at the base of a cock that swells either when erect or before orgasm, often to keep both individuals from separating during and after ejaculation to ensure conception. A knot, regardless of primary sex, will last anywhere between 30 minutes to three hour.

Rut / Rutting: A period of 3-5 days where an Alpha-identified individual will act more possessive and territorial than normal, but not specifically in need of mating with someone. Normally, rutting periods are more common after being mated, as part of a biological cycle to protect said mate.

Scenting: Alphas, Omegas, and Betas all give off a very specific sort of scent as a personal marker to their primary and secondary sex. They all have the ability to scent others, which is simply the process of spreading their specific scent on another person or object (often by physically rubbing against them).

Estrus / Heat: A period of 3-5 days where an Omega-identified individual will experience sexual excitability and have an increase in fertility. This often comes in tandem with a large release of pheromones to communicate the biological shift to others.

Slick: A word describing the increased self-lubrication that Omega-identified individuals experience, specifically during their heat.

Nest / Nesting: A structure that Omega-identified individuals build, most commonly during heat and while pregnant. It can vary in appearance, but serves a calming purpose and dates back when a nest was required to keep an omega-identified individual safe during heat and pregnancy, as it was often built specifically to be hidden. Some still consider nest-building to be part of an omega-identified individual's courtship or heat cycle process.

Suppressants: Medication given to Alpha or Omega-identifying individuals, specifically to suppress rut or heat cycles. It can also suppress the fertility of the individuals, and is often referred to in conversations about birth-control.