Chapter Eleven ~ Love and Stuff

♡・・・・・・♡・・・・・♡・・・・・・・♡

Madi's POV

Cole and I have always been really close. We've been friends since I think about second grade, I always the liked the way that we became friends, although I don't remember much of what happened.

I pretty sure what happened was that one of the older kids had been bothering me, I remember that kid vividly. Cole had noticed that I was being bothered, and even though it got him a bloody nose and a visit from the principal, he said that was worth it. Ever since, we've been super close even after elementary and middle school. Hell, I went over to his house the night we graduated to celebrate with him. Needless to say, we're close.

I remember the dudes name that bothered me. Kids name was Jonathan, and he stayed the same dickhead he was since second grade all throughout high school. He was known for being a player, but that didn't stop all the girls from dating him.

He's the jerk who broke up with Rose in the forth grade. Although Rose was only ten, it still hurt her. Like a lot. Rose didn't go to Speech practice for over two weeks out of pure heartbreak.

Before Cole and I started dating, I always imagined what it would be like to be his girlfriend. But then I thought about the idea of us breaking up, and that's why I kept those sort of thoughts to myself. I thought that if I didn't think about it, or told anyone, it would stop my feelings. I was so very wrong about that.

In fact, I thought about Cole so much that it was hard to think about anything else, which I know is extremely stupid, but..I really liked him.

Cole had often given signs that he had some sort of feelings for me, but I just chose to take that as "I'm just trying to be friendly" rather than "I have a big fat crush on you but I don't know how to tell you because your my best friend." That was a big contributor to why we didn't start dating sooner.

He only asked me recently to be his girlfriend, but I'm so glad that he did. It feels like I could tell him literally anything, and he would listen. That's what I love most about him, his ability to listen, and care about what I have to say, even if it's stupid.

I was just about to text him and check in. What he had said in the group chat made me smile. "I miss Madi" my face lit up. God did I love him. Everyone started talking about us dating, and I acted like it wasn't a huge deal. I could tell Cole knew it was a big deal. He always knew stuff like that.

When my friends started to calm down, we all typed good night to each other, even though we all knew that not one of us were going to be sleeping.

I took the quiet opportunity to text Cole. Just when I was about to type "hi 💕", into my phone, the girls suddenly got my attention. "Guys do you wanna play truth or dare?", asked Paige with a mischievous smirk on her face.

"I'm down" said Alahna and Rose in unison.

"Ok bet, hmmm, Madi truth or dare?" questioned Paige in my direction, still with a smirk on her face.
Sometimes I wonder if Paige is drunk on apple juice.

"Um let's go with truth" I said, confident in my answer. My confidence quickly fades after I see Paige's grin grow wider, and Rose and Alahna's face slowly turn towards each other, clearly planning something that I would not enjoying taking part in.

"Ok, have you ever...have you ever went skinny dipping? and if so, where were you and who were you with?" Paige's smirk immediately left her face, and was replaced with a loud giggle that made every girl in the room smile with embarrassment.

"Ok that's like three questions" I say in between laughter, barley able to breathe.

"Just answer the question" said Rose, laughing as well, while also checking her phone. We all knew she was stalking Chris's insta, but no one said anything.

"Ok, ok fine um ok, I've only ever done it once, in LakeTown River, and I was with.." I said, but didn't finish. Leaving them in suspense was painlessly fun.

"WHO DID YOU GO SKINNY DIPPING WITH" all three girls shouted at me, smiles written across their faces. Watching them made me smile made me laugh even harder, and eventually, we were all on the floor in laughter and enjoyment of the moment.

There girls were my people, the ones I could trust with anything, no matter what. I loved them so much, I wish I could freeze this moment forever, but I knew at some point they would make me stop laughing and answer the question.

"Ok, ok, so my sister and I-" I was immediately cut off by the girls overpowering laughter.

"YOU WITH YOUR SISTER!?" said Rose with a huge smile, but somewhere mixed in was the biggest look of concern on her face. I could here Alahna start to cry at my words.

"BITCH ARE YOU CRYING!?" I shouted at Alahna.

"HOW CAN I NOT, YOU WENT SKINNY DIPPING WITH YOUR SISTER" shouted Alahna as the four of us continue laughing our asses of at the truth.

We spent the rest of the night playing truth or dare, and laughing harder than we had in a long, long time. It was truly the most fun girls day, ever. Even though by tomorrow we're gonna be tired as hell.

♡・・・・・・♡・・・・・♡・・・・・・・♡
A/N
Heyy guys, sorry this chapter is a bit long, I just had a lot to say in this chapter lol. I hope you guys are enjoying the book so far! Also, last chapter we had almost 400 reads, and now we're almost at 500, tysm!!! Also Madi and Cole aren't actually dating lol. Next chapter is Roses POV, so look forward to that. Luv you guys ♡