Chapter Thirteen ~ School

♡・・・・・・♡・・・・・♡・・・・・・・♡

Chris's POV

When everyone piled into the car, I knew that I would have to sit in the back, the most far away from Rose that I could be. I wasn't mad at her, I'm fact, I felt the complete opposite. If I was being honest, I just didn't want to face the fact that I completely bombed our date for tonight. I had it all planned out, and I just had to ruin it by inviting my brothers.

Sometimes I deeply hate myself.

Everything was going fine until Nick fucked it up. Pre-usual. Nick claimed that he "never gets to sit in the front," so Rose, being the sweet person she is let him sit up front. Which meant Rose would be sitting next to me. Great. As Rose climbed into the middle seat, I could already tell that she was uncomfortable.

Why couldn't Nick just suck it up just this once? When Rose was finally settled, she looked over in my direction and gave me a small smile. God, I loved her smile.

When Matt started driving, things began to get less awkward and felt more chill.

"Give me the aux," said Rose, already reaching for it.

"No! That's not fair I wanted to play my music!" said Nick with a pouty face, while also flaring his arms.

"Nope, if you get to ride shotgun, then I get to play whatever music I like" announced Rose, with the brightest looking in her eye. Great, another thing I would never get over about her.

Nick reluctantly handed over the aux to Rose, and she plugged her phone into the cord and opened up her Spotify. "Lover" by Taylor Swift started to play in the car, and Madi, Nick, and Rose all started to sing louder than, what I thought was humanly possible.

"Ok, I don't regret giving you the aux, this song is the best Taylor Swift song ever written," said Nick, quickly getting his words out before the words of the song began to come out of the speaker.

"Mmm no, there are plenty of other Taylor Swift songs that are better than Lover," said Madi with a straight face. Nick slowly turned his head towards Madi with a disgusted face. Shit was about to go down. Luckily, Rose did something about it before Madi and Nick started fist fighting over Taylor Swift.

"Ok guys, agree to disagree, now shut the fuck up and sing" said Rose, causing a smile on both Nick and Madi's face to appear. I have to admit, she made me smile too, I loved her humor, even when she wasn't to trying be funny.

We could leave the Christmas lights up 'til January
And this is our place, we make the rules and there's a dazzling haze, a mysterious way about you dear Have I known you 20 seconds or 20 years?

Rose's singing made my eyes close a bit from my large smile, causing a glare through the rearview mirror from Matt, that went right into my soul. I quickly stopped smiling after that.

Can I go where you go? Can we always be this close forever and ever? And ah, take me out, and take me home You're my, my, my, my Lover

The power of Nick, Madi, and Roses's voices was overpowering to my eardrums, and it was probably worse for Matt, because, you know the loud noise could cause him to loose focus, and end up getting us all killed, but I wasn't concerned about that, or the noise. I was more focused on the fact that while Rose was singing, she was looking directly at me. Rose is my one and only lover, even if she didn't know it yet.

We spent the rest of the car ride listening to Taylor Swift, and eventually, Matt and I started singing along too. I was having a great time, but the thought of the date continued to stay in the back of my head. It had to be perfect, or else everything would fall apart. I just wish I could control the world. Ugh.

After a really, really long ride there, and a lot of awkward, yet sweet moments with me and Rose, and way too many glares from Matt, we finally got to the school. We left the car and Rose was in awe at everything that she saw. I could tell that she really wanted to be here. I just didn't like the thought of her being happy away from me.

♡・・・・・・♡・・・・・♡・・・・・・・♡
A/N
Heyy guys, so this is sort of a short chapter, but I just wanted to kind of give the experience of what going to Harvard was like. I hope you guys are liking the book so far, and thank you so much for 900 reads, we're so close to 1K!! Next chapter is posts :)
Luv you guys ♥︎