Chapter 11- Intoxicated

Y/N's heels clacked on the pavement loudly as she walked around town. Kunikida hadn't returned to the agency since he and Ranpo had left, and everyone was worried something had happened to him. At least...Y/N was; she couldn't tell if Ranpo or Dazai were worried. They knew him the longest at the agency, maybe this was normal? He wouldn't even answer his phone, however, which was super unlike him.

Most businesses were closed, or close to closing. She was losing daylight, if she were to find Kunikida, it would have to be soon. Y/N had hoped that the chance of finding an Apostle was as low as her head hanging and staring at the floor.

It was quite cold, and Y/N only had a light sweater. She breathed out, finding that she could see her breath. Her mind was all over the place. Ever since she had yelled at Kenji, he would not talk to her. Which..was it deserved? She didn't want to push him, he really was just trying to distract himself. The woman closed her eyes, trying to compose herself. Light from the side caught her attention. She looked over at it and saw an open bar. There were still people in it. Yelling and laughter from drunken conversations echoed in her ears. L/N looked through the window and examined the people inside.

"Oh shit."

The woman quickly opened the door and walked inside with a purpose. Most people did not acknowledge her, as they were immersed in their drunken conversations. At the main counter ahead, there sat a man, his head was resting on the counter.

"Shit...hey man!!" Y/N put her hand on his shoulders. "What are you doing here?"

Kunikida slowly lifted his head and looked at her. His eyes were heavy, and his cheeks were bright pink. There was drool coming from his mouth, to which he lazily wiped it away with his sleeve. He hiccuped and smiled. "...hi."

Y/N chuckled for a second, he looked ridiculous.

"Excuse me, sir!" The woman called over to the bartender. "How many drinks has he had?"

"5...6 shots ma'am. Are you his friend?" He responded, getting ready to prepare another drink for her.

"Uh..." The woman turned to the side and saw the man taking another shot. "HEY! Idiot!" Y/Ns sudden yelling made Kunikida flinch, sending the drink that was in his hand to spill onto his button-up shirt and vest. The man didn't seem fazed by it, but L/N bit her lip in frustration.

"Would you like a drink?" The bartender asked with a smile.

"No thank you, I think we should leave actually." Y/N grabbed onto his arm and put it over her shoulder. "Cmon dumbass, time to get going."

Kunikida grumbled but obliged.

***

The man's feet dragged as he was held close by Y/N. Kunikida was tall, so his entire body was crouched down as his body weight relied on the woman's shoulders. Even so, he cowered over her. It was dark outside, and Y/N was praying that she remembered where his apartment was.

"Do you know how worried the agency was? We called you like 13 times. And here you were..drinking away."

"Sorrr..." His word was slurred, but the woman could make it out...kind of.

"Yeah! You should be." Y/N sniffed over noticing a stench. "Ugh, you smell like alcohol now." She sighed, recalling the spilled drink on his clothes. It was still quite wet. She looked up from his shirt to his face and noticed he was staring at her quite intently. They stared at each other for a moment, Y/N expected him to look away, but he did not.

"Sorr-"

"Stop apologizing!" She yelled out and took it as an opportunity to look away from him. "Let's just get you home. You need rest."