. Prologue .

"Sunny? Ohh Sunnnny-"

The sound of your mothers knocking was going to give you a headache.

"-are you alright in there? You haven't even come down to wash your clothes for three days."

You looked over to your pile of clothes, sitting in the corner of your room. It was a huge mess, and you didn't have the motivation to clean it right now.

"Well, regardless. Remember that we're going to be finishing moving soon!"

Ah yes, moving. You weren't excited about this.

"I need to go out of town today to go and take some things to the new house. Do you think you will be okay for a few days?"

You mustered out a small yes, hoping that it would suffice as a good answer for your mother.

"Alright then. Stay safe honey! I'll be calling to check in on you every day."

You gave a thumbs up despite her not being able to see it.

--

A few hours later, and you're still sitting on your bed.

Not sure what to do, and definitely not gonna be able to do chores anytime soon. You'll save those for the last day.

You look around your room, trying to find something to mess with.

During the brief look around, you find a pendant necklace. It seemed to be slightly corroded and the metal was almost rusty from the lack of use.

It was an old gift, your friend KEL had given it to you when you were both little.

It meant a lot to you.

You pick it up, and start fiddling with it.

The smooth texture of the metal- mixed with the ridges engraved in it- was just enough to help soothe some of the anxiety. It got your mind off of it for a while. A distraction.

Soon, your eyes fixated on a drawing on the wall.

It was a drawing of you and your old friend BASIL.

KEL worked on this. He gave a copy of it to both you and BASIL on the last day of school.

You sighed, remembering good times.

Next to it was a drawing of you and another old friend, AUBREY.

She was your childhood crush. A silly one, in hindsight.

You miss AUBREY. You miss KEL.

BASIL?

.
.
.

You miss BASIL.

--

You're on the verge of sleep.

Your eyes are slowly closing.

Goodnight, SUNNY.

+

(392 words.)