. Chapter 2 .

[ From this point on, there will be a lot of spoilers and triggering topics. Read at your own risk. ]

[ TW; hallucinations, graphic descriptions, and mentions of e/d's and throwing up ]

--

You wake in a cold sweat.

The room you're in is pitch dark, the only light creeping in through your window.

You run your hand through your hair, quickly taking time to decipher what happened in your dream.

--

After about 15 minutes of stalling, you're forced to focus back on yourself.

The hunger plunges your stomach into extreme pain.

You didn't want to eat.

'Staying inside all day will never help you!' You heard your mother's voice in the back of your head, and quickly moved the covers.

If you were going to get food, you better get it over with.

The phone had rang a few times while you were sleeping, and it was evident by the two missed calls.

One was from KEL. This was normal, he probably just wanted to berate you over something. You can't remember exactly what, but you know you did something wrong.

The other was from your MOM.

You swiftly clicked the button, listening to the voicemail she had left you.

It was about the steak she made and left in the fridge before she had left. As well as your chores. And a few other things, but you tuned those out.

Chores.

You didn't want to do those right now. It's too late at night.

--

After the voicemail, you opened your door, quickly heading to the bathroom.

You looked at yourself in the mirror.

It was just you.

--

You quickly exit the bathroom, heading directly to the stairs in front of you.

There were... a lot of them.

The staircase must have had hundreds of stairs.

You didn't wanna go down.

--

You went back to your room.

Laying down, you stare at the pendant on the wall. The one KEL gave you.

--

You can't sleep.

Your stomach is growling even worse now.

The bed was comfy, but not enough to keep down the sharp pains.

'Maybe I deserve this?'

You ask yourself, but quickly shake your head and get out of the bed.

--

You walk out of the room.

There was a red light ruminating from the window above the stairs.

You try to ignore it, and instead focus on the stairs in front of you.

The stairs were mildly threatening to you.

Too many, too much.

It was almost overwhelming.

Your head shook on its own, but your stomach said otherwise.

Hunger was gonna drive you from that to full on starvation soon.