𝘴𝘰𝘭𝘢𝘳

"ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇʟʟ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴀᴛ?"

PHOENIX||chapter five

"JEAN! GET YOUR ASS TO THE BACK OF THE SHIP! NOW!" VALKYRIE DEMANDED A SLEEPING JEAN. She rubbed her eyes, confused about what was happening, but suited up while thinking of the worst.

Jean ran to the back to be met with Thor, Loki, Heimdall, Valkyrie, Korg, and Bruce staring worriedly at some glass window.

The back of the ship had been closed off, but Jean could see what was going on through the window. The end of the spacecraft was torn off, and a bright yellow and purple light, getting bigger and bigger by the second.

"What is that?", Jean asked.

"A solar flare", Valkyrie answered.

"That? It's literally purple", Jean pointed out.

"It's our best bet right now, we are approaching a massive star so it wouldn't be too far-fetched", Bruce informed.

"We have to keep the engine together before it explodes", Heimdall explained.

"Forget it, no one can fix an engine before that flare hits us", Valkyrie turned the idea down, "We'll have to just cram ourselves at the front part of the ship until we get to Earth".

"No, we won't. Jean can hold the engine together until we fix the back of the ship. Can't you, Jean?", Loki asked, and Thor looked appalled at his brother suggesting putting Jean in danger.

"What?", He asked, "Of course not--".

"I can", Jean interrupted her boyfriend, "But I can't do it from here, I need to get inside".

"Perfect", Loki agreed.

"No way!", Thor disagreed, he turned to Jean, "There isn't any oxygen in there, you won't be able to breath".

"I can wrap myself in a bubble of air, I'll live", Jean assured, placing her hands on his chest.

"Fine, but the moment something goes wrong, I'm getting you out of there", Thor agreed.

"I wouldn't doubt that for a second", Jean laughed.

Jean wrapped herself in a cocoon of telekinetic energy, protecting herself from the radiation of outer space, and preserving her oxygen supply.

That was when she saw it, the solar flare. It was moving at immeasurable speeds. It looked nothing like a solar flare. It didn't even look like it was shot out of a start by force. It looked like a force.