No Tony, you can't buy NASA

It was a saturday in avengers tower. The sun was shining, the birds were tweeting and peter.was.bored.

Thor,Loki and Bruce were still off-world; Clint and Natasha were having 'superspy time' (stalking people) and Bucky and Steve were being all mushy and gross.

That left tony and peter to do nothing other than watch star wars all day.

Now you may be thinking, why aren't they blowing up shit in the lab? Because pepper had banned them from it, something about how it wasnt healthy to stay in it for more than 72 hours with only pizza and coffee to sustain themselves.

Tony was rethinking letting her own 12% of the company.

Anyway, they were bored.

"Mr. stark?" Peter asked after an endlessly mind numbing five minutes had passed.

"Yup?" he said, flicking through the various channels on the tv.

"At school they were giving out pamphlets for summer camps and stuff-"

Tony gasped in mock disbelief, clutching his chest.

"Is spending all summer with the avengers not exciting enough for you?"

"Mr.stark!"

"I'm kidding kid, what caught your interest?" Tony laughed.

"Well NASA runs a summer space cadet program for aspiring rocket scientists and astronauts-"

"You wanna work on rockets kid?" Tony asked, internally squealing because Peter was basically his mini-me.

"Yeah! And I could meet other super smart kids like me!" Tony's heart melted just a little at Peter's puppy-like tendencies.

"Well send me the link to the website then, oh and whilst you're getting your phone get me a coffee?"

"Mr Stark, why don't you get DUM-E to do it-'' Peter groaned, getting up from the sofa.

"Yip yip O' intern O mine."

"I hate you." Peter grumbled, leaving the sitting room.

Once tony was sure peter was out of earshot he whisper-screamed to himself

"My kid's gonna be a rocket scientist!" he then looked up to the ceiling

"Hey FRI? Call Rhodey for me."

"Right away sir." FRIDAY responded cooly, as she transferred the call to the television.

"Hey tones," Rhodey answered, turning the video on his screen to landscape. He wasn't in the tower currently, as his military job had transferred him to the NASA labs.

"Hey honey bear- so how much pull do you have at NASA?"

—------------------

When the time came for Peter to leave, he noticed his mentor acting more twitchy than usual.

"Mr. Stark, what have you done this time?" Peter asked as he loaded his bags into Tony's fancy car, eyebrow raised.