pt.4 of The Water Hashira~

A week after that incident Sanemi had to go on a mission well that is what Tomioka thought.

In reality, he asked the master for permission to go somewhere but make it seem like he was ordering him to go on a mission.

The reason for Sanemi's actions is the fact he wanted to ask Sakonji Urokodaki, Tomioka's adoptive father for permission to ask Tomioka to marry him.

Sanemi:Hello are you Urokodaki?

Urokodaki:Yes you are Shinazugawa the wind pillar what brings you here.

Sanemi:Well you are Tomioka's adoptive father correct?

Urokodaki:Yes why?

Sanemi:I wanted to ask if I had permission to have Tomioka's hand in marriage.

Urokodaki:Oh? This is quite the shock I never thought this day would come. Of course you have my permission and full support.

Sanemi:Thank you sir!

He bowed

Urokodaki:Now go time will move to fast and she'll be gone so hurry.

Sanemi ran all the way there without stopping.

He then made it he looked everywhere and after what felt like forever he found her.

She was sitting on the bench under the Sakura tree next to the river. It was the fist place they said I love you to each other.

She was looking at the river, and Sanemi smiled she still looked as beautiful as the day she dragged me here.

Sanemi did the same thing like last time and got down on the floor infront of her and put his hand on her knee, but this time he was looking up at her.

Tomioka:When did you get back?

Sanemi:Right now I was looking for you first.

Tomioka:Heh your so cute. How was your mission?

Sanemi:There was no mission.I had the master tell everyone I was going on one but I needed to do something first. Though all the other Hashira knew except you.

Tomioka:I don't understand if you didn't go on mission where did you go, and why couldn't I know.

Sanemi:I paid a visit to Urokodaki.

Tomioka:Why?

Sanemi:I needed his permission for something.

Sanemi:I asked him for permission to ask for your hand in marriage.

Tomioka:What?

Sanemi:Tomioka Giyuu will you do the honor of becoming my wife?

Tomioka was crying, she then jumped on him.

Tomioka:You idiot! OF COURSE I'LL MARRY YOU!

Sanemi:Heh! Giyuu your gonna wake everyone up.

He was crying a little bit too.

The next day. They had an unexpected meeting.

Master Kayaga:Today I need to make an announcement.

Master Kayaga:Last night a beautiful proposal was made.

Sanemi and Tomioka where sitting next to each other they were holding hands.

Master Kayaga:Sanemi? Tomioka?

Both of them:Yes master?

Master Kayaga:Congrats on your engagement.

All the hashira except SaneGiyuu where shocked they knew Sanemi wasn't going on a mission but they didn't know he was going to do this.