1

"The only thing I have is writing these feelings first..."

I had just finished packing up my art supplies when I got a phone call from aunt Helena. "Oui?" I answered my phone politely. "Bonjour, Yvonne~! Are you ready to get going? We have a special night ahead of us!!"

I chuckled lightly. Aunt Helena was the type of person that you just can't ignore or say 'no' to. She always had plans to go somewhere. Whether it was a concert or an art museum, it was impossible to be bored or have a bad time with her. "Oui, auntie. I've got my art supplies ready to go-"

"Ahh, Yvonniee, Don't forget your guitar!! You're playing that song you wrote at the festival tonight. remember?" Son of a muffin, I'd completely forgotten about that. I frantically looked around for my case and saw Caiia hovering over it.
"Yvonne, you're gonna be late. Let's get going now, shall we?" I gave a light giggle at Caiia's little rush. "Okay, auntie, I got everything I need. Things to keep me distracted untill I go onstage tonight and to calm me down after the show..... yup, that's everything. I'm on my way!" I said, then hung up the phone, ushering Caiia to get into my jacket pocket and telling her to stay hidden.

________________________________

The ride to the venue was really nice, but kind of quiet. Aunt Helena was never this quiet on the way to an event, but I guess it makes sense. It's my first time in Paris and I hardly know French. I only know a few phrases to get me by...
"Hey auntie..?" I said softly. "Do um.. Do you think they know English?" I looked over to see a stoic look on my aunt's face. She sighed softly, then gave a gentle and forgiving smile. "You'll be alright, Yvonne, I promise. Don't worry, I'm sure they all know their basic English phrases like you know your basic French phrases."

I smiled back, then looked out the window. I knew the music festival was being held near the Eiffel Tower, but I didn't realize it would be directly underneath it!

When we arrived I saw a mass amount of people. It was like the whole city was here for this festival. I looked down at my guitar case as we walked towards the seating area. A silly thought came into my head and I let a little giggle slip. 'I wonder what stickers I should use to decorate my case...' I thought as me and aunt Helena sat down.

I pulled out my guitar and started to practicing the chords for my song. As I did, however, I noticed a boy looking over at me, as if he was studying me from afar. He had blue hair and a Jagged Stone t-shirt. He seemed wicked, so I gave him a little wave and a smile, and he quickly gave one back before he was bombarded by his friends. They all had costumes with them. Were they in a band? I don't know.
'How curious...'

Before I knew it, the time had come for my performance, and I was on my way to the stage with my guitar in hand. As I approached the stage, I heard a boy speak up, "Woah... I wonder how she can see with her bangs covering her eyes!" I blushed and continued on my way with a light huff.
'Breathe in...' I took a deep breath and held it for 10 seconds. 'And out...' I let it out, calming my nerves as I began to play my silly little song.

People think they wanna be like me

I open up your letter and I

Cry as I read

All the choices that I make are wrong

And I only make sense when I'm writing

Another song