Meeting

Russia remembers the first time he met her. He was a kid and his father was still in charge of his land. He was still waiting for the day his father gave it to him.

His father invited her over to his house after she won against her brother who ran away to the little island next to them. She gladly came over and they both spent time talking to each other and laughing at the capitalist pigs and their pets and how her brother will become one too.

Russia did meet her when he went to get water in the middle of the night when she was staying with them. She was awake eating what look like dumplings while reading some newspapers that Russia didn't know where about. She said hi to him and he said it back. She did also give him a dumpling which he ate. They did have a small chat together for a few minutes before she send him back to his bed to which he argue he did want to stay but she took him back to his room and put him to sleep.

After that night he try his best to have more conversations with her and soon got attached to her. Russia didn't care if he didn't understand what she would sometimes say, he was just glad he was having a conversation with her.

But soon, during the 60s, she decided to break up relations between Russia's dad and her. She said the way they each view communism isn't going to work and left. And since that day Russia hasn't seen her. And worst of all she allied with the capitalist pig his dad hated. But he did see her sometimes when his father would bring him to UN meetings. after seeing him would bring small candies that she would give to him in secret and Russia would always be thankful.

This continue to happen until USSR stopped bringing him to UN's meetings and he stopped seeing her, even though she was confused about where the little republic went. But quickly brushed it off, thinking USSR finally caught them.

But soon Russia's dad died in 1991 and Russia was in charge, except his siblings also took charge of their land. Later, in December, she sends a message to Russia to meet her on Wednesday, December 23 to have a small chat. Russia didn't hesitate and accepted. He didn't have any chance to visit her since he was busy at his home. He had to wait a few days but it would be worth it in the end.

Soon the day arrived.

1992

Russia walked outside the airport with his suitcase. He look around to see who was gonna take him. China did say she'll send a car to get him as she would be busy when he finally got here. So now he'll have to wait until a car stops in front of...

Russia stop mid-sentence as soon as a car stopped in front of him and a driver got out of the car and made his way to his side and open the door for him. The man didn't say anything and just open the door to the car and signaled him to go inside.

Russia hesitate while looking at the driver, before he spoke,

"You're Russia, right?" He asked, to which Russia nodded. "China told me to get you."

So he's the driver who was supposed to pick him up. "Why didn't you say so?"

"Sorry, sir."

With no other words, Russia walks inside the car and sits down on the seat. The driver closes the door before walking back to the driver's seat, getting in, starting the car, and driving off.

The ride wasn't long but wasn't that short either. For most of the ride, Russia was just looking out the window at the people and places that were passing by. Some places did look interesting to him and would go and would want to check out, but that will have to wait. China didn't say anything about what the meeting was going to be. Just something he will probably like.