Chapter 3: Baby

"I love you forever. I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby, you'll be." —Robert Munsch

June 30th, 2019 10:45 pm 

 In the car, Diamond was uncomfortable also was trying different sitting positions that weren't possible for her being full term the incident with Davis still got her heat, while her husband was in the backseat with his mother Beatrix concerned and couldn't seem to make his claws and spikes go away which made Derek feel helpless to Diamond. The car ride was long, and Beatrix kept track of Diamond's contractions. Diamond's mother was driving and called her husband Darren to let him know they all were on their way to the birthing center. Derek reaches over to Diamond, Diamond puts his big hand on her belly which finally calms them both down for the rest of the car ride. A few hours later they arrived at the center it was a special kind of center for supernatural beings like Derek and abilities like Diamond, the doula that Diamond updated with help her out of the car and help her walk inside all she was concerned about was her little bundle of joy she said more in pain than in the car ride "Can we get the water started please...?" Derek was still in his beastie form but took off his coat showing his spikes and took his wife's hands and put it on his shoulders he rocked with her as Diamond had another contraction build up stronger. Both mothers and Diamond's doula got the bath water ready for Diamond to sit in. Meantime, Derek was trying his best to comfort his wife during her painful moments without harming her with his sharp claws which Diamond didn't mind him trying she exhales as one passed finally she look at her puppy-eyed husband she laughed a bit which shifted the mood of the room to lighthearted and calm "Baby stop pouting I am okay. Davis got his warning and we both are here together again nothing will harm us in this center alright.? Love you baby." she put her hand on his cheek making him finally sigh letting out a puff of smoke which he looked shook by it he has never done anything like that before which caused Diamond to laugh again holding onto Derek, Derek rolled his eyes and scuffed with a small smile loving his wife being happy about this night to see their daughter then Diamond she looking down she said, " well...my water broke everyone.." Crystal said to the doula " should he do the honors?" the doula said with a head nod " yes he can, well Mr. Tomlison you will be guided to help your wife through the birthing process with my assistant of course . You're up for the task?" Derek's eyes widened with excitement but nervousness his human side finally showed up and he said: " Yes, I would like to be taught through the process." his mother smiled a bit and said, " Well son first thing you have to do is take off her pants and underneath stuff as well and wrap her with a towel until we are done." Derek did as told while helping Diamond through more of her intense contractions with her standing up. Derek, every time they go to a doctor's appointment beforehand kisses his wife's baby bump before they go, Derek got down on one knee and kisses her bump one last time with happy tears " We'll see you, baby girl." Diamond smiled at her husband.

~Four Hours Later~

July 1st, 2019 2:58 am

Diamond was exhausted and put her head back on the bath's rim. The doula said to Derek "Cup the baby's head with your hands and support her." she got a wet medium-sized towel and put it on Diamond's forehead she said to her "Come on Diamond almost there baby girl is halfway through breath in then push." Beatrix held Diamond's hand she said "You got this Diamond." Her mother was fanning her then Diamond follow the doula's directions and pushed through a contraction one last time. Derek and the doula worked together and the little bundle of joy was born. Derek got a towel and rubbed their baby's back until she let out a cry of a beastie. Diamond held her daughter for the very first time she was full of happy tears going down her cheeks and Derek wash his hands and waited near the bed for his wife to get cleaned up. A few minutes later the doula weighed their baby girl and did the necessary checking of the baby it was skin-to-skin with her and Diamond now. Beatrix and Crystal with Darren outside chatting about how to protect the baby from the scientists and the evil assassination group. But in the meantime, everyone will welcome the new addition to the family, and Diamond Derek said together "We will name her Lila Romanie Tomlinson." the doula smiled and said, " Lila Romaine Tomlinson is born on July 1st."

7:45 am July 1st

Derek, Diamond, Beatrix, Crystal, and Darren left the birthing center with their new addition to the family little Lila. They all go to their cars Darren waved goodbye to the five of them as he hopped onto his Mustang and drove off to his place. While Derek set up the baby car seat in their Honda Accord Diamond made sure Lila was asleep and snuggled up. On a ten-minute car ride back to Derek and Diamond's home they saw three cars parked next to their home Derek said "My family and your family are here baby...even dad..." he sounded annoyed which everyone noticed...

What could go wrong at a lovely family gathering for a new addition to the family? Nothing right?

Author

Sam here leave a comment positive and save this book. And enjoy my artwork up top. Also, one quote that sums up the next chapter "I know my worth. But can you afford it.?" Hope you all enjoy this chapter see yall around and keep an eye out for updates and whatnot.