Prologue

Narrator Pov

It was 10 pm the Jones family had just eaten dinner and were all one their way to bed when the phone rang. It was the family phone, everyone knew it was only used for emergencies so everyone was shocked when it rang. Imani picked it up.

"They know." was all She heard from the other side of the line. "What." "Who knows?" "Who are you?" her mouth exploded with questions. "It's me,Trell."the person on the other side of the line said. It was Imani's brother in law. As she was about to say something he started talking again.

"I messed up Mani." " I let the police get ahold of my shipment and know they know."She was confused she knew her husband had a side job but she didn't know what it was. "You need to take your family and leave."Now she was really confused "But what ab-."

She was cut off by his speaking "LEAVE MANI." "NOW." Before she could ask anymore questions the line was cut off. She had decided to listen to her brother in law's cries and leave her home town.
"Girls go upstairs and pack your stuff we're leaving"

"What?" They both asked at the same time. "I said go upstairs and pack your stuff we're leaving." They didn't say anything this time they just went upstairs.
Now it was just her and her husband. They sat in silence for a couple minutes until she spoke up.

"It was your brother." She said in a cold tone. he hadn't looked up until now. When he did he saw the pain in her eyes. "Really, why?" Truth is he already knew why he just hoped he was wrong.

Imani didn't say anything. She just went upstairs to pack her stuff.

-S