Chapter 1: An Ultimate Wizard's Tale

An Ultimate Wizard's Tale Daily Life 1

Sorry for not explaining Yoroko’s redesign. I decided to change her outfit to a typical HPA uniform - similar to what everyone wore in DR3 Despair Arc, because I loved the girls uniform! I saw a fanart of the SDRA2 kids wearing the uniform from DR3 Despair Arc, so I decided to base Yoroko’s new look off it! The first of some Free-Time Events will happen in this chapter by the way.
After the Killing Game had been announced to start, the students were given Monopads by Monochrome.
They checked the rules out.
These rules had a much more...unsettling feeling to them.
It looks like Monochrome wasn't joking when they said that they were going to force the 17 of them into a killing game. They even made rules that remind them on how the killing game works.
"God damn..." Nikei breathed as Nanako finished reading the rules. "That's just messed up!"
"Mikado’s magic includes fire! He really doesn’t want to cremate somebody he once knew!†The Ultimate Wizard let out a weeping noise.
“We should have a feast to get the Killing Game out of our minds,†Setsuka said.
"It's a good thing that you guys have an Ultimate Hostess like me with you,†Yokoro said. “Cooking is one of my many expertises, and you love it because you wouldn't be able to get high quality food otherwise!"
The feast went ahead.
The students all had a big feast in the dining room.
Yoroko is serving food to everyone from the kitchen, and they all enjoyed it. Well, most of them.
When Nanako was finished eating, she found out that Monochrome had provided a bag of Monocoins (coins with Monochrome’s face on them).
Nanako had about an hour until Nighttime started, so she went to a store and spent her Monocoins on the MonoMono Machine, which was basically a present machine.
The dorms of this place were kinda neat.
They were located in a corridor with purple carpet and there were 17 doors with pixelated versions of each of the students on them. The door with her pixel was between doors that had pixels of Nikei and Mikado.
* Ding Dong! *
“It is now nighttime. Let your despairing minds rest…â€
In her bedroom, there was a perfectly normal looking bed near the right wall of the room, as well as a nightstand with a mirror. The left side of the room had a closet with what must have been 50 copies of the outfit she was wearing at the moment, along with 50 of the same looking pajamas. As Nanako got into those pajamas, and slid into her warm bed, she suddenly became very tired.
She was in a Killing Game, where anyone could die at any moment.
She had to be a good leader and prevent any deaths.
Somehow.
(https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=76QB0iW9Yr4)
Chapter 1: An Ultimate Wizard’s Tale
Daily Life
* Ding Dong! *
“Good morning, filthy insects! Let’s enjoy another day of this one of a kind killing game!â€
🕵ï¸â€â™€ï¸
I woke up.
That was the weirdest wake up call I’ve ever heard.
“I’ve gotta awake Mikado up.†I thought.
I went to Mikado’s room.
It was full of trash. There was no bed unlike mine. There was a wardrobe, though.
“Rise and shine, Sannoji-kun.†I said.
There was no reply.
“Are you hidden or something?†I asked.
“Uh, yeah…†the voice said.
Mikado emerged from a large pile of trash that I’m presuming he used as a makeshift bed. For some reason that I couldn’t tell, he had some sort of cardboard takeout chicken bucket on his head, obscuring it.
He otherwise looked about the same, except for his cloak being covered in garbage.
I quickly hugged him...
And then I quickly realized that he smelled even worse than an overflowing toilet filled with a thousand year old poo and pulled back.
“Ugh... This place is disgusting...†I gagged.
“It’s not Mikado’s fault!†Mikado rebuked. “Mikado has been given the worst bedroom here!â€
The wizard threw the bucket off of his head and it landed on the ground.
His mask was covered in garbage, too.
“Mikado, you need to take a shower and change your clothes,†I said.
“Okay, Mikado will be juuuust back!â€
At breakfast, buttermilk pancakes were being dished out.
Nanako laughed and dug in. Mikado then came in. He has since taken a shower and gotten changed into a copy of his usual attire, barring a few syrup stains, likely from the topping on the pancakes he made.
“Right, Mikado has an announcement to make!†The Ultimate Wizard said.
“Mikado has decided that he wants to form a gang! Introcuding…â€
Then Nikei, Emma, Iroha and Hajime came out.
“Team Void!â€
Mikado then added,
“They’re also called The Children of Utsuro, but that’s less cute than Team Void. It implies that Mikado isn't exactly in complete control of his own gang, but a demon is!â€
So my brother is apart of what’s essentially a cult?
“What should we do for our first strategy meeting?†Hajime asked.
“For a strategy meeting, we should do a musicial about Team Void!†Emma suggested. “Being the Ultimate Actress, I could play myself excellently.â€
“That’s an excellent idea, Emma!†Mikado cheered. “Thus, Team Void: The Musicial goes ahead!â€
Nanako watched the preparions for the musical in one of the currently opened research labs (Her own, Iroha’s lab, Yuki’s and Emma’s lab), Iroha’s one.
Iroha was sewing the costumes.
As the Ultimate Jouranlist, writing all the songs for Team Void: The Muscial came easy to Nikei.
Soon, there was song after song after song.
There was one particular song that Mikado had to force Nikei to write, or else he would burn the journalist alive.
It was called,
“Monochrome Sucks.â€
Team Void: The Musical had started!
The students gathered to watched the performance live in Emma’s lab.
The orchestra struck up, and the musical extraganza began.
The show itself was lavish. The whole thing must have cost a million dollars to make.
The show went splendidly. The sets were stunning, the scene changes seamless and the lighting beautiful.
What's more, Nikei had made his first musicial score one of his most memorable ones.
Every song was a SHOWSTOPPER.
But then the closing number began. The one that Mikado forced Nikei to write:
“Monochrome Sucksâ€.
The words of the song went as follows:
“Monochrome sucks!
Let’s get down to the nitty gritty:
Monochrome isn’t nice and Monochrome isn’t pretty!
They’re ultimately revolting.
They should be cursed
As Monochrome is the worst!â€
Suddenly, the crowd starting booing.
They got tomatoes and eggs and began throwing them at Mikado as hard as they could. Team Void gasped as the rotten food struck Mikado’s body, painting his clothes, hair and skin with stinky slime.
Then they got rocks and started throwing them at Mikado along with the rotten food.
Nikei and Emma ended up having to escort the weeping, bleeding and messy Mikado off the stage, while Hajime and Iroha ran after them.
“Oh dear,†Yoroko said.
Team Void: The Musical was a total disaster.
The show was forced to close after only one day.
After the failure that was Team Void: The Musical, Nanako decided to talk to Yoroko, pouring herself a cup of a Shirley Temple drink.
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8Rq8MjAKkQ)
“Would you like to talk?†Nanako asked.
“Yes,†Yoroko said.
Nanako and Yoroko talked about what drinks Yoroko had made in her past.
* Ding Dong! *
“It is now nighttime. Let your despairing minds rest…â€
Nanako lay in bed.
Somehow, Mikado had started a cult.
This won’t end well.
Next time, we will get a motive!
An Ultimate Wizard’s Tale Daily Life 2