Chapter 2: A Thick Line Connects Heaven and Hell

A Thick Line Connects Heaven and Hell Daily Life 1

The first part of Chapter 2. Wow, at this rate, I’ll have this finished before we go on holiday! Enjoy A Thick Line Connects Heaven and Hell!
* Ding Dong! *
“Good morning, filthy insects! Let’s enjoy another day of this one of a kind killing game!â€
Nanako woke up. Her mind was still recovering from the first trial.
Iroha and Yuki were dead.
Dead... nobody had thought it possible, but it was the truth. Nanako’s mind decided to flash back to the discovery of Iroha's body and the roulette wheel that essentially tore Yuki apart as proof.
Nanako shook the memories from her head as quickly as she could, but it helped little.
It was time to get some breakfast.
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1ySVlXYveE)
Chapter 2: A Thick Line Connects Heaven and Hell
Daily Life
After Nanako got dressed, she met the others for breakfast.
“Looks like yesterday really did happen…†Emma sighed.
Nanako knew that she had to be a good leader and prevent anyone else from dying.
“Right.†The mystery novelist nodded, trying to force herself to be confident. “Everything is going to be fine, everyone. We’ll get past this. We… we might have lost Yuki and Iroha, but… that doesn’t mean the rest of us can’t get out of here all right! We just need to work together!â€
Suddenly, Monochrome appeared.
“Greetings, filthy insects!†They said. “You have survived your first ever class trial! For every class trial you survive, a new world will open up to you! In this case, 4 new labs will be made accessible by you!â€
“So that's it? Four labs are supposed to make up for the deaths of our friends?†Nikei asked, upset.
“Yes!†Monochrome said. “It will keep you excited until you explode!"
"What- NO, don't even mention 'exploding' again!" Mikado shrieked, memories of Yuki’s awful, horrible execution in his head.
Monochrome then disappeared.
The four new labs were Kokoro, Hajime, Hibiki and Kanade’s labs.
Nikei and Nanako decided to explore Kokoro’s lab.
The Ultimate Psychologist was typing on a IPad of sorts, and Nanako then saw a lone trap door that had opened.
“You can explore this to find a way to escape,†Kokoro reassured them.
With Nikei following her, Nanako went down the stairs. The steps spiralled deep down into underground caves. At the bottom of the steps, the two of them found themselves in a strange library.
Nikei was inspecting some books.
“Looks like this is a library of… Goose Girl retellings. †He said.
Nikei made a noise of disgust, flicking through a few of a books.
“Looks like they all follow the same basic storyline.†He said. “Something along the lines of the princess switching places with her maid so she can escape the arranged marriage and do something else.â€
“Oh, hey look!†Nanako said. “A book which isn’t a Goose Girl retelling!â€
The book was a Sleeping Beauty retelling called The Brightest Thread, and Nanako loved Sleeping Beauty.
Nanako’s mind screamed, “The book is booby trapped!â€
But the mystery novelist wasn’t listening.
She gripped the spine…
Just as she was about to pull it out, behind the bookcase, a domino was pushed and then it knocked over a ball that rolled into a button that activated a pulley.
Then a book fell from higher up in the bookcase, towards Nanako’s head.
This was the booby-trap which had been activated by trying to pull the book out.
The mystery novelist would be a sitting duck for what would soon happen.
“Sister!†screamed Nikei.
THUD!
Nanako barely had time to turn around to her brother as the book fell on her head.
Once the book made contact with her skull, Nanako collapsed, her legs giving in. She felt Nikei trying to shake her awake, but the feeling was soon gone as well, as her consciousness faded.
DUN DUN DUN! So the first section of Chapter 2’s Daily Life ends, and it’s on a cliffhanger…! Have I pulled a Kaede Akamatsu on you guys and killed Nanako? Only the next part of Chapter 2 has the answer! It will be the final section of daily life, too, as we’ll get a motive and a murder!
A Thick Line Connects Heaven and Hell Daily Life 2