3: Decker

Lucifer had let me go after a little while and not going to lie, I liked the comforting hug.
He'd gone out into the other parts of the penthouse, probably at his bar. He said if I needed him, he'd be close by.
I'd gotten into my bed, what in the world is sleep again?
Sleep was something I didn't need, but after such a long flight, I would need such a long sleep or rest. Sleep sounded like the best option despite it probably being the most rusty of my abilities.
I just laid there, trying to get comfortable. It felt impossible.
I sat up and turned toward the window, parting one of the curtains.
Bright lights everywhere, it was just mesmerizing.
After a long while, I finally fell into my slumber.

I was tied up, surrounded my darkness, but this darkness was cramped and it was hard to breathe. I tried to kick my way out, but it was no use. This tiny, pitch-black space was just not budging, as if it were locked. I was in this state for what felt like forever, but then suddenly I saw the night sky. The space had been opened to the most mesmerizing starry sky. But, it was not just the starry sky, but a figure of a man.

I woke up, panting. I sat up and looked around. I wasn't trapped anymore, I was in the spare room, which was now brighter. I realized why I never slept, why I never wanted to have the ability to sleep. Sleep was like a curse, you'd always dream, but those dreams would always be a recount of previous events. It was scary, it was the only thing that actually scared me. I don't remember why.
I glanced over at the door, hearing a knock, "yes?"
"Darling," It was Lucifer, "Would you like to come with me to the department?"
"Yeah, I'd like to do that."
"I'll give you some time to get dressed, we won't have to be there for another half an hour, I know that you're quick."
I nodded, "Alright."
"I've left you a little present in the wardrobe."
"What for? It isn't my death-day for another-" I tilted my head.
"A welcoming back gift." He smiled, "I'm happy an actual friend of mine is here."
I smiled back, he actually called me a friend, huh.
"I'll be back then." Lucifer turned and left the room, closing the door behind him.

I sat there for a little while, just thinking. I got up and opened up the big wardrobe and saw many stylish, vintage dresses; things that Lucifer liked seeing people wear as it went with his sophisticated style too. Although, I wasn't a big fan of it, I had my exceptions. I was just hoping I could find something that suited me. I started searching through the dresses, pulling some out and seeing if they worked with me, the noise of coat hangers moving along the rail was endless.
I found something that fit my taste, yes it was vintage but it spoke to me.
It reminded me of something a kid would wear, an older kid.

(instead of these shoes, she's wearing the shoes below)

I looked in the length mirror on the back of the door, I actually looked good

I looked in the length mirror on the back of the door, I actually looked good. I grabbed my leather jacket and hung it over my shoulders and opened the door, walking out to Lucifer just adjusting his tie. He looked at me and grinned, "wow."
I smiled back, "Thanks."
"We're gonna have to do something about your eyes."
"Eyes?"
"They're not a normal color, Clara."
"Oh?" To me they seemed normal, but this wouldn't be normal for those imbeciles outside in this over-world.
"Yes, darling, red isn't normal."
"Ah."
"Hold on, I've probably got contacts." He turned and walked to a desk, pulling out a box and searching.
He turned around to look at me again, holding my face and tilting it upward, "open your eyes up a little wider, I'm sorry if these are uncomfortable."
"It's alright." My eyes felt strange, he put the contacts in.
"I knew grey was a good choice."
"Grey?"
"Oh, look in the mirror." He seemed so proud of himself.
I went back to my room and looked in the length mirror, "Oh wow, Luci!" I was actually happy.
I ran back, the only downside was that I couldn't see the usual red highlights of where Lucifer had been. That was really different.
"You look wonderful."
"Thank you, really."
"Should we go?"
"Let's go."

The department was dreary, every single building in this dump of a city was boring, yet terribly nostalgic.
Lucifer walked over to the passenger side and opened the door for me.
"M'lady." He teased.
"Thank you darling." I teased back.
He rolled his eyes, "come on"
Lucifer then waltzed in as if he owned the place, winning a few glances from officers here and there, me following behind.
"Detective!" He smiled at a small, blonde woman. She looked at him, tilting her head.
"What, Lucifer?" She's American. How surprising. She sounds like an idiot too. I hate the goodies.
"I'd like for you to meet a dear friend of mine," he outstretched his hand, presenting me, "Clara Loveman."
"Hello." I said simply, zero emotion. I wasn't interested in this woman, she stank.
"Hello, I'm Chloe Decker." She outstretched her hand. I shook it.
"Nice to...meet you." I tried my best at making my pauses short, I hated this so much.
"Likewise." She responded, "What is she doing here?"
"She's going to help us."
"No, that's illegal."
"She's great at tracking criminals."
"But, Lucifer, it'll get both of us in trouble."
"I'll handle that, I'll talk to Monroe."
"Lucifer."
"Chloe. Trust me, she's great."
"Talk to Monroe and then bring it up with me." She sighed, "until then, I can't let anyone sneakily come on missions with us."
Lucifer nodded, "wait here then."
"Me too?" I tilted my head.
"Yes, Clara." He went over to a blinded door and knocked, going inside and disappearing from view.
"You can sit down if you'd like." Chloe offered.
I took a seat and started observing my surroundings, I was bored.
"You seem very curious, ever been to a police station before?"
"No, never." I responded, "it's all rather bland, is it not?"
"I guess you could say that."
"Is this all you do?"
"Yes."
"How do you not get bored."
"Willpower."
"Ah."
"How'd you know Lucifer? Usually, he has weird stories about his friends. Arkangels and so on.." she smiled a little. This must be very confusing for her.
"I'm just part of his little group that's all. We've been friends for a while."