Prologue

Lucifer's POV

My days were getting very repetitive, introductions after introductions, confused people after confused people, pain everywhere you'd turn.
But, this day was quite different.
"Welcome to hell-" I was cut off by the smallest of children running over to me and hugging my leg, distraught.
What in the world is a child doing in hell?
I patted the child's back, wondering what I was supposed to do. This was awkward. I was so used to teenagers and adults, yet here we are.
The child looked up at me, tilting her head. Curious.
"Now, what on earth are you doing down here?" Was a question I'd hardly ask anyone, but they'd ask themselves. I was purely shocked.
"I..." the child spoke very quietly, sniffling, "I don't know..." The child burst out crying.
"Uhh.." I didn't know how to take care of a child, "Maze!" I yelled.
No response, I hated yelling, this was in front of a child, "Mazikeen!"
Maze appeared, looking at me and then to the child standing in the room, crying their eyes out.
"What the fuck-"
"Not in front of the child."
"What do we do?"
"I don't know."
"I mean, we could train it.."
"Maze-"
"What?" She questioned, "have you seen the way these kids learn? They are like knowledge suckers."
I just stared at her, "this could harm-"
"If the kid is here, then it's been through and caused harm. Believe me, it won't do damage."
"We could try."
Maze smiled and took the child from her personal hell, disappearing with Maze.
This child could help, but it is just a child.
They could ruin me, distract me as much as I need a distraction or turn me into a monster toward them; children usually trespass on their parent's problems. I didn't want that to happen to me, I was running fucking hell.