Season Five

SEASON FIVE WAS AMAZING!

- ★★★★☆ -

Kenji's father, Daniel Kon, is a fantastic villain. He was written so well that I've had a pure hatred for him; he was highly manipulative towards his son and the other campers. He tried to guilt trip Brooklynn- after she revealed her suspicions and went through his files to help Sammy find the truth about her family - and then went on to say that, seeing as Shine. Kenji was so close because of their being in a romantic relationship that he would expect her to trust him or, further yet, trust Kenji.

Daniel then went on with ruining Kenji and Brooklynn's relationship when he almost MURDERED the poor vlogger as she tried to return in time. This led to him having easy access to Kenji's feeble mind and planting the idea that Brookly and the others no longer trusted him, so Kenji agreed to help him with the investors.

I have to say, though, that I am so happy that Yammy is finally canon (Sammy x Yasmina)!! They are everything to me, and so is their healthy and heartwarming relationship. Having them finally kiss and begin dating made my heart explode! I love how Ben and Yaz's relationship grew, and they now seem to have a sibling dynamic that suits them so well. They understood each other's fears and bonded from being adorable antisocial campers to more social and much more comforting people.

Back to Sammy and Yaz, they are perfect. I enjoyed watching Yaz struggle toaexplainfeelings to Sammy on the elevator before the Nothosaurus interrupted their beautiful interaction. The fact that Sammy had heard Yaz confess and just really wanted her to repeat it was so sweet and is so like her! And the campers being so supportive of them was just amazing.

Also, did you know that Brooklynn already guessed something was going on? In the third season, she assumed that Sammy wanted to have a private conversation with her so she could confess her feelings for Yaz! Brooklynn and Ben are the wing-woman and wing-man for that relationship, for SURE!

With Kenji, I can sympathise with him being manipulated by someone he loves so dearly, so it was painful to watch how he acted as a result of his father's toxicity. I'm glad that in the end, he realised what was going on, all thanks to the wonderful Dr, Mae. She is a fantastic person and almost felt like a maternal figure for Kenji in their time on Islan Nublar. I still pity Kenji, though, as in the last episode, we see his father giving him the option to join him, but he eventually just left without trying harder. He left his only son to die. What kind of a person does that!?

Not only in that scene but also when we find out Daniel Kon received the emergency distress beacon. SERIOUSLY DANIEL!? THIS WAS YOUR CHANCE TO SAVE YOUR SON, AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER LOOKING! I was livid when I saw this and screamed at him through my laptop because that is way too.

Apart from that, this season had so many jumpscares that my heart was soaring through the skies. Especially when Ben, Darius, and Brooklynn are trying to get back in time for Brooklynn and Kenji's date when a Raptor LUNGES from the side of the screen! That was terrifying! The scene where we first meet the Nothosaurus horrified me, and I still can't get the image out of my head.

I thought the directors of Camp Cretaceous would rethink not having Darlynn (Darius x Brooklynn) as a canon ship when we saw their private interactions as they talked about Kenji's betrayal. I was like, 'Finally, these two can get together and deal with Kenji later,' but that dream was crushed.

However, I've got to say that the part when Brooklynn saw Kenji SMILING as he controlled Toro was so painful to watch. She had been defending him the entire time because she knew what he was like on the inside, but then after that, she stopped saying, 'It's Mr Kon's fault.' She went on to say, 'It's the Kons' fault.' She lost all hope and faith in him returning to their side, which was too much for my heart to handle... I'm glad that the two got back together, and this season made me enjoy them as a couple so much more than the fourth season.

~

Well, these are my thoughts and opinions on season five of Camp Cretaceous, and if you want me to add anything else (There can be a separate chapter for reader opinions/reviews), just or put it in the comments!

My thoughts on the other seasons will be published later :)