chapter 5

~Harry~

When Anna pulled away from the kiss, I smiled a little and she looked at me a moment before shoving me away. I stumbled and she quickly got in her car, driving away. What the fuck? I ran a hand through my hair and got in Louis' car. He smirked at me and I rolled my eyes.

"What do we need to do now?" He asked and started driving in the direction of my house.

"Get her where it hurts."

--------

1 week later

~Anna~

I walked into school, feeling everyone's eyes on me. As I made my way to my locker, I passed the group of five boys who all smirked at me. I finally got to my locker and completely froze in my place. Swallowing hard, I noticed all the pictures of me sitting in my bedroom cutting my thighs. I let out a shaky breath and heard people around me start laughing. I pulled the dozens of pictures off and opened my locker, trying not to let me emotions get the better of me. Right as the door swung open, at least a hundred hand held pencil sharpeners fell to the ground. I bit my lip and gripped the metal door so hard, I felt as though I might break it.

"Just in case you run out." I heard Harry's voice behind me.

~Harry~

"Just in case you run out." I leaned close to Anna and she flinched before shutting the locker.

"You win," Anna turned to me and shrugged and tears brimmed her eyes. "I'm done."

Anna pushed the pictures into my chest before brushing past me. Everyone who had crowded around us started laughing and Anna shoved through everyone, quickly making her way to the front door of the school. I pushed through the dispersing crowd and jogged out the front door to Anna's car where she was getting in.

"Anna." I called out and she sniffled before turning to me. "Wait-"

"Do you honestly think this is funny?" Her voice cracked and I noticed tears in her eyes, one falling down her cheek. "You of all people should know how it feels to do that to yourself. Imagine if I went and told your friends about why you never take your shirt off or why you always have bracelets on. I would hope they treat you like absolute shit so then you know how I have felt for the past three years. I have never done anything to you so you should suffer, not me." Anna finished and I was actually speechless for once in my life.

"Anna," I watched as she tried to turn away from me. "I'm sorry."

"No you aren't. Just leave me alone, Harry."

She got in her car and drove off before I could say anything else. I quickly ran over to my Range Rover and climbed in, driving in the direction of my house. Once home, I ran across the yard and to Anna's house. I knocked on the door frantically and nobody answered so I pushed the door open. It was eerily silent and I noticed multiple empty beer bottles and old cigarette buds on the table. I made my way upstairs to the familiar door of Anna's bedroom.

"Anna?" I called out and I heard a small sob. I opened her door and the bathroom door was closed.

"Go away!" She cried and I heard her rummaging through a cabinet and I immediately thought of what she was doing.

"Anna, I know what you're about to do and I know that you think that nobody is there for you. But please believe me when I say that I fucking care for you." My voice broke and she stayed silent. "Okay, just please open the door."

"Why? So you can be my hero and then go make fun of me at school for being the little suicidal freak or Anorexic Anna? Because I really can't take any of it anymore." She sobbed and I leaned my forehead on the door, tears coming to my eyes.

"Please open the door." I said quietly and a moment later I heard it unlock. The door slowly opened, revealing Anna standing there with tears streaming down her face and a bottle of sleeping pills in her shaking hand.

"I don't want to be here anymore." She gripped the bottle. "I don't know why you can't just leave me alone and then go make fun of me at my funeral." Anna rambled, tears rolling down her face.

I didn't say anything, instead I pulled Anna into my arms. She tensed up at my touch, obviously uncomfortable, but soon wrapped her arms around my torso. She gripped the back of my shirt and I felt tears soak through my shirt.

"It's okay." I said quietly, dragging a hand up and down her back. My phone vibrated in my back pocket so I pulled away, dragging my thumb across the green button.

"Mate, we have to get to London in a few hours for the audition." Louis said once I picked up. I completely forgot about the audition.

"Yeah, okay. I'll meet you guys at the train station." I said and hung up.

"You're leaving?" Anna's voice cracked and I smirked a little.

"You honestly thought I would stay here with you?" I laughed lightly and she frowned, wiping the tears off her face.

"No." Anna muttered and fumbled with her fingers.

"You should see your face. I can't believe you thought I was gonna stay. That whole "I care about you" was bullshit." It was like something was in control of my mouth and I wouldn't shut up. Anna shoved past me and walked down the steps, opening the front door.

"Get out." She said.

"Gladly." I smirked and turned to face her in the doorway. "See ya around, Anorexic Anna."

Anna slammed the door and I heard her sit down against it. Oh my god. I wanted to punch myself in the face. Why couldn't I stop lying? I cared about her more than anything else in the world. All I really wanted to do was open the door and kiss her and tell her that I was in love with her. But, she hates me. Like she has for the past three years.

~Anna~

"See ya around, Anorexic Anna." Harry smirked at me and I just slammed my door. I knew I shouldn't have opened the door. I should have just swallowed the pills.

I ran up the stairs and to the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. I grabbed the bottle of Melatonin and shakily unscrewed the cap. I poured a handful out and poured myself a glass of water from the sink. Tears stung my eyes as I swallowed them, two at a time. This is it, in a few minutes it will all be over. I clutched the bathroom counter and let out deep breaths, rocking back and forth. I walked downstairs and grabbed my phone, sitting down on the couch. I pressed the record button and a tear fell from my face.

"My name is Anna Wolff and you won't be seeing me for much longer. I'm sorry that I was such a burden to everyone around me, but I won't be anymore. I hate myself a lot and I guess everyone does too. So, I'm done. You guys win. My life isn't worth living." I shrugged and more tears fell. "Bye."

I shit the video off and posted it to Twitter and Instagram before getting up. As I walked to the kitchen, everything around me started spinning. I stumbled and fell down onto the kitchen floor. My eyes struggled to stay open and I smiled a little, knowing everything would be over in moments. The last thing I saw before my eyes shut were a pair of shoes running towards me.