Chapter 16- Gifted

"Good morning kid"

"Good morning? Kid? I..

"Am talking to the actual kid" Strange finished

"Good morning O'pa" Luna yelled, hopping in front of me and tapping my cheek "Did you think Stephen was calling you a kid? Your silly"

"And.. And" I rested my hand in hers "You're standing up despite what I've told you"

"I didn't go anywhere"

"She was hopping up and down the hallways" Strange told on her almost immediately "But to be fair she went around picking up stuff for you. She's been feeding off something from you"

"So you came to check up on me? Thanks Strange but I am okay"

"I'm leaving" He said in his usual tone then left the room without another thought

"Alright O'pa.. I got you some..

"Luna lay down" I laughed, wrapping her in my arms and rolling over, pulling her all the way onto the bed with laughter "Why can't you stay down just for a little bit of time? You need to rest Luna, let your ankle heal"

She raised her foot to her head, shaking my her cast "But it feels better already"

"Sure it does" I grabbed her foot, laughing as I pushed it back down "That doesn't mean it's healed"

"I guess you're right" She took a deep breath as she sat up "But I'm not laying down you tell me what's wrong"

"W...

"And don't think about lying" She pointed at me

"Okay" I sighed, sitting up and looking at her in the eyes "When your mom sent you and only you a letter I wasn't exactly upset, but I was hurt, very much. Later that night after you fell asleep I wrote your mom a letter and took it to her"

She sat up, crossing her legs and putting her hands in her lap "You saw her.. Didn't you?"

"I did" I couldn't help but smile a little "I definitely think she is okay, she was singing your favorite song as she trimmed those trees"

"You think she likes it to?" She asked

"I think she loves it just as much as you" I smiled, raising my hand and poking her nose

"I wish I could've heard her sing it again"

"You will" I pushed her chin up so she was looking at me "Maybe you should spend the day with her"

"I can't do that O'pa, we haven't talked to mommy in person for a reason"

"And now I think that reason is dumb" I laughed while shrugging "If you wanna talk or hang out with your mom you should, we almost did the other day but she wasn't there remember? Say the word and I will open a portal"

"Are you coming to?" She asked

"Not right now because I have to go do a few things then check on Kamala but I will be back.. So do you wanna go and bother your mom for a few hours? A distraction will be good for her, all that reading has to be bad for her"

"It's gotta be" Luna sat up straight with a smile, having yet another reason to visit Wanda immediately

"Great" I stood up, faced the wall and began waving my hand, opening a portal

"Should I take my bag?"

"You take that thing with you everywhere, why not take it now?" I waved, urging her to move along

"Y/n"

"Mommy" Luna yelled, levitating the bag to herself and waving for me

"Oh right" I broke my stare from Wanda and turned to pick up Luna "I have a delivery for you"