CHAPTER 22

With their heartfelt communication to each other and nothing unsaid between them, gradually Ahaan and Arushi got back to what they had been ten years ago. They were healing together, making good memories and making the best of their time in Delhi. They knew that once they reach Bangalore, apart from those Sunday dinners work wouldn't allow them much time with one another. So they made use of their holiday in Delhi.

They had eventually shared to each other their college experiences, the disastrous and okayish dates that they had during those times, some of their wild experiences and mistakes and generally how their life had been. They loved catching up with each other's lives.

Arushi couldn't stop laughing when Ahaan narrated how his friend had set him up on a date with an apparently beautiful girl who turned out to be a 40-year-old aunt with a 10-year-old son whom she brought along to the date. Ahaan could any day have the best laugh listening to all the creepy guys and their creepy pick-up phrases his best friend had ghosted.

They would go out for movies and try new cuisines and restaurants across Delhi. Ahaan would never forget how Arushi literally kicked the bald-headed man on his head right ahead with full force because she got scared in a particular horror scene of a Conjuring movie that they'd gone to watch. Ahaan would never forget the horror on the face of that poor man who had to suffer such a blow!

One thing that Arushi's mom was literally grateful to Ahaan was that he was tutoring Arushi on how to cook some basic dishes in the kitchen, of course, without getting the whole house on fire. Cooking was a life skill and Arushi needed to learn some basics of it.

Arushi had prepared the Konkani fish one day and had invited Khala and Ahaan to her place. She had made great efforts in presenting to them and her parents her new dish that she had learned from a cooking blog only to find them throw up her dish minutes after eating. She had realised she was a culinary disaster.

"No worries, girl. Happens to the best of us!"- Ahaan didn't leave an opportunity to tease his new student on her first and disastrous attempt at cooking.

To be honest, all of them including Khala and Arushi's parents were enjoying their time together with Ahaan and Arushi in Delhi, making memories for a lifetime.

................................................................................................

With the growing intimacy and togetherness, Ahaan and Arushi couldn't stop thinking about each other. They would find themselves frequently smiling, thinking about each other, about the times spent together, about the moments they shared.

Ahaan was lying on his bed one night smiling thinking about Arushi. It was obvious he had fallen for her. The sudden flutter of his heart on catching a glimpse of her, the sudden joy on finding her around, the calmness of getting to be with her sitting quietly on the rooftop, their togetherness- his heart felt warm remembering their shared moments.

He remembered how Amir had once said- "Brother, one day, you're going to fall truly, completely and honestly in love with Arushi."

"You were right about me too soon, brother. I have fallen for Arushi. I am truly, completely, honestly in love with her!"

He found himself smiling while saying this. Suddenly, he wanted to say it out loud, loud enough for her to hear, for everyone to hear.

He knew pretty well what Amir would say if he had been around.

"Brother, this took you a hell lot of time, huh."

"Yes, it did. It did take me a lot of time to realize. But there's nothing more important now. I am in love with Arushi and that's all that matters."