Panic

"HELP!" I screamed, but it was no use. Nobody could hear through the thick door. Why was this goddamn door so thick? It's just a freaking closet. I screamed for help again, my voice cracking with despair as I slowly lost hope. "Oh my god," I said, slowly starting to panic. "We're gonna be trapped in here forever!" 

"Relax. We've only been here for like half an hour. Everything will be fine. Eventually, someone will show up." Andres had already given up screaming and instead was taking stock of the shelves. Although he wouldn't admit it, he knew the words he was saying weren't true. There was a fine layer of dust that had settled over everything, proving that nobody had been there in a long while.

I stopped screaming, out of breath, and shuffled over to where Andres was standing. The room was dimly lit by a single lightbulb that kept flickering on and off, and the walls were lined with huge metal shelves, filled with canned food and cases of water. There was also shelves with medical supplies, and books and games. What was this place, and why was all this stuff here?

"I don't know," Andres replied. I looked over, surprised. I hadn't realized that I said that out loud. "Looks like some sort of bunker? In case, I don't know, like a nuclear bomb or dangerous people or something were on campus. Smart, actually."

"I'm guessing that means the door is bulletproof or something." I said, dread filling my body. Clearly this room was old, the lock must've been faulty, and now we were locked in here. This meant... "even if someone does find us, they won't be able to get us out. This door was made to be impenatrable from the outside. And this whole room is designed to be soundproof, so if we were hiding, nobody would hear us. How will we get out?" I ask, panicking again.

He rubs my back, trying to calm me down. "I'm sure there's a way, we can't be stuck here forever. Someone will notice we're gone, call the cops, and they'll search the school and eventually they have to be able to find us. Until then, we'll be just fine. We have food and water to last months, possibly a year. Don't worry about it." 

I appreciated him trying to help, but he was wrong. Even if they did somehow find us, there would be no way to get us out, as the whole room was completely bulletproof. It was like a giant safe, and nobody knew the combination.

"What about our phones? Do you have yours? I don't, my teacher took mine when I was listening to music in class," I said hopefully, but that tiny spark was crushed quickly. 

"No, my teacher took mine too. I had to go to the bathroom, and she took it because she "didn't want me goofing off on it" while I was in there."

"Fuck," I said. We were doomed.