Chapter 4

Waves of blue sea washed over the shore. Every wave comes with a lighter tone and softer breeze as if it was recycling itself. As if the sea was having a start over every few minutes. The different shades of yellow and orange was in the background almost blending with the blue shades of the sea. Small fishes jumped up and down splashing the salty sea water around. Then sinking in it's endless depth.

Mai was sitting on the sand looking at the view, they have left the village and started their journey, stopping at a motel that was enlightened by the sea view.

Kakashi stood looking at her from the window of his and Asuma's shared room. Asuma snoring filled the room but that wasn't what kept kakashi awake. what kept him awake was the same mysterious girl that kept him awake for the past years. He kept looking at her back, her hair was flying around like a curtain flying around in the beginning of autumn.

He let out a sigh before grabbing his shirt and opening the terrace door. He jumped down landing safely on the sandy ground. As they were just staying at the ground floor, and he somehow he felt she would disappear if he used the door. He kept his hand in his pocket as he approached her slowly, the sun-warmed grains of sand absorbed his bare feet as he slowly walked towards her, ignoring the bounding pulses of his heart.

"Beautiful view isn't it?" Said kakashi as he sat next to her their shoulders touched for a moment. His emitted warmth to her exposed one. Of course Kakashi's observative eye caught how her muscles tensed as she froze in her place, her chest stopped heaving as if she stopped breathing for second, when she wake up she found only Jiraiya there so it was an unexpected thing to also face Kakashi. 

She looked up at him. Her baby blue almost white pearls eyes looked up at his charcoal one. Both of them kept looking, searching for explanation. but she didn't find any, he certainly changed grown more manly and hotter. She noticed how he grew more muscular and taller, his face was still covered but that didn't hide the jaw line that became more sharper and lifter, he for sure grew hotter.

"Guess so." She said turning her head quickly to look at the sea.

"You have changed." He said, disappointment was laced in his words. He tried to hide it but he failed miserably. But he quickly fixed it by smiling at her." I was expecting a new prank, you know." He said. Causing a small soft smile to erupt on her soft delicate lips, as she remember the endless plans to prank him she to get a glimpse of what's underneath that mask. His eyes hadn't left her face. He was trying to memorize everything as if she would disappear any moment.

"Well seeing the new type of books you're reading. I know now there is nothing interesting beneath." She said smirking mischevilly at him. "Just to hide the nose bleeds huh." She laughed out loud. A sound he dreamt of for ages.

"Uhhh shut up." He said laughing softly."lets not mention who encourage me." His mask shifted a little and she knew he was smirking at her.

"Well everyone changes,....I stopped reading them long ago." She said a soft giggle erupted from her.

"oh really, who knew the great Mai Senji will stop reading those books huh." he said teasing her. There was a hidden question under that tease, he had alot of questions yet he was afraid to ask them all. 

"Well as you see alot of things changed." she said not facing him, she felt like this conversation going somewhere she didn't like so she tried to end it, or bore him anything to get away.

"why then" he asked his voice was serious now, that teasing tone disappeared as he looked at her from the corner of his eye.

"doesn't matter what happened or how.... what's done is done."she said.

"you know that destiny shit?" she asked after a moment of silence.Kakashi looked at her nodding his head slowly. 

"That's what happened......does that answer satisfy you?" her tone changed as well. it became sarcastic yet defensive. two contradicting things. She acted like she didn't care as if answering him wasn't something she should do. yet staying silent was driving her nuts.

she didn't give Kakashi a second glance. she just stood and quickly left the scene running away like if she stayed any longer fire will burn her up. she took the longer route to her room hoping to buy herself some time before facing Jiraiya who took it upon him to stay up all night and all morning to just watch her. She knew from the moment she got caught that her freedom was tight and has her own limits. 

'Destiny shit' she thought.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the journey back to the leaf was that one filled up with tension, so thick that even Naruto couldn't break it. But of course Naruto being naruto he couldn't feel the tension and kept on nagging nonstop. 

"Here I thought women are troublesome." mumbled Shikamaru quietly as he walked next to Choji who kept on eating his chips ignoring the tension between his senseis and the new mysterious girl. 

"huh....what?" asked Naruto as he looked at Shikamaru finally interested as someone had paid little attention to his endless talks. Shikamaru stood for a second looking at him lazily.

"troublesome." he thought outload as he passed by Naruto ignoring him making Naruto deadpan at his lazy friend.

"HEEEEEY DON'T IGNORE ME JUST LIKE THAT."

"KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP QUIET YOU BAKAAAAAAAAA." shouted Sakura at him.

"does she only know this sentences?" said Mai as she was walking beside Jiraiya and Asuma on the other side.  Both of them laughed quietly. 

"I'm serious it's like they taught her only those 4 words." she said as she was getting irritated at the young pink haired girl. and she knew her for only few minutes. 

Kakashi watched as she, asuma and Jiraiya started to interact quietly

Kakashi watched as she, asuma and Jiraiya started to interact quietly. he felt happy even if it was for a brief moment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorrrry everyone for the short chapter but my mind was completely blank didn't know what to write. Anyway hope you like this chapter and enjoy ittttt.

and really thank you for liking and reading my story hope all of you have a good day .