Chapter 6: Malachite

Elizabeth

The coven was buzzing with excitement tonight. It was the first time they had all got together since Morgana's arrival to the city and everyone was hopeful that this would be their opportunity to escape the city. As the coven members all arrived they all gradually sat in their normal circle in the basement, but this time they were all chatting away about what they would do when they finally get to escape this prison. Even Elizabeth couldn't help but be excited and usually she is the pessimistic one who keeps them rooted to the ground in reality. Morgana was their biggest chance at getting out of this place and for once Elizabeth even felt optimistic about their plan.

She had called this meeting to catch everyone up on their first encounter with Morgana and go through how fast or slow they would go through the next stages of their plan to get Morgana back to her usual self and then work with her to escape this prison.

Once everyone had arrived Elizabeth got everyone's attention by clearing her throat and launching straight into the meeting.

"Morgana has arrived in the city and myself and Isaac got to meet her a few nights ago. After speaking to her, we have established that she does indeed have no magic and no memory of who she is which means the drugs are working on her." There were a few sighs of defeat from a few of the coven members. They had discussed it was possible Morgana would be so powerful that the drugs might not work on her at all so it was a little saddening that they seemed to be working, mostly. "However, we did thoroughly analyse our conversation with her and we are quite certain that she isn't fully brainwashed. She isn't settling into the new identity of Morgan that she has been given by the witch hunters which suggests she is fighting the medication she is being administered. This will make it a lot easier to restore her memory and we think we can have her back to herself within the space of two weeks."

The excited chatter started up among the coven once again, all of them discussing how they could be back to normal life by the end of the month if the plan succeeds. Lucian, one of the witches to have been with the coven for the longest, caught Elizabeth's eye and smiled at her. Isaac was sitting by her side with the biggest grin, enjoying everyone's reaction to the good news.

"What is she like?" Celeste asked from across the circle.

"It's hard to tell because she's fighting between herself and the new identity they're trying to force on her, but it was amazing to meet her," Isaac replied for Elizabeth.

Elizabeth had been worried about having Isaac working on restoring Morgana's memory when he idolises her so much but his knowledge of her was exactly what they needed to get this plan to work successfully.

"When will we get to meet her?" Lucian asked.

Elizabeth took this one. "We will start to get her off of her medication by the end of this week. We anticipate she will need a week to fully recover her memory and magic. During this time, we will try to keep a close eye on her as we are uncertain just how she will react. If she is a risk of revealing our cover to the witch hunters we will bring her here sooner to keep her out of sight but if she seems to be no risk we will ask her here in her own time. So hopefully by the end of week two we will be working with her but we're not sure how..." Elizabeth tailed off.

"We're still not sure how she will react to witch hunters and witches working together," Isaac finished for her. Elizabeth smiled up at him gratefully. It was hard enough for Elizabeth working with witches because of all the hate between witches and witch hunters. It was going to complicate things even more working with the witch who has easily killed the most witch hunters. She was a bit scared at how Morgana would react. That's why they needed to befriend her first. "Considering her vendetta against generations of witch hunters she might not take it too well. Not to mention the only coven she has ever worked with was Lorelei so she isn't exactly known for getting on with other witches. We might need to gradually introduce her to the coven, witches first and then see how it goes from there."