part 1

A cute little girl of nearly 4 and half year old girl was busy waking up her mom who was in deep sleep.
Ruhi: mamma get upppppp
Priya: rooh 5 minssss
Ruhi: nooo noooo.
With that ruhi started to tickle her mother, Priya smiled sensing her daughter's soft hand and acted like laughing due to her tickles.
Priya: rooh bas bas. Mumma's stomach is paining by laughing don't tickle me.
Ruhi crossed her hands across her chest feeling proud of herself seeing her mummy happy. Priya smiled and wiped her tears stealthily seeing her daughter who was nothing but a carbon copy of her father. Even if she want to forget her past, ruhi's face and activities never allowed her to forget him even for a day. She can't even hate him fully as he gave her the most precious gift,her Ruhi,her soul.

Seeing ruhi climb over the bed, Priya smiled and took ruhi in her embrace after pecking her forehead. Ruhi gave a toothy smile and placed a wet kiss on her mother's cheek. Priya got up with ruhi in her arms to get ready for the day as it is her first day at work and also it is Ruhi's first day for her kindergarten in the new city. They have shifted to Mumbai last week. She got a job in the finance department of Mumbai's popular multi speciality hospital. She thanked God for getting job quickly as she was apprehensive when she got shifted here first. But now she managed to get a small apartment for herself and her daughter in the safe environment.
She got out of her thoughts when ruhi splashed water on her face. She smiled at her daughter and slightly splashed some water on her making the toddler to giggle.

Both mother-daughter duo got ready quickly and had their breakfast. Priya packed her lunch and as well ruhi's lunch. Priya left ruhi in her kindergarten before going to her job. Priya was little tensed about ruhi as it was first but ruhi was kid has everyone wrapped around her little finger with her charm. She mingled with everyone very freely and a happy kid. Once ruhi's school got over, her nanny will get her from school and will take care of her till Priya returned from her work. Priya joined her job and ruhi started going school. Soon they got settled in their new routine without a hitch. Priya liked her job as the pay was great than what she got in Delhi. She worked for six days and had only Sunday as a holiday. Sunday was the favourite day for both priya and ruhi as they spend the day together doing whatever ruhi wanted. Priya was little introvert and shy type while ruhi was a charmer, she never shys away in making new friends. Priya smiled seeing her daughter playing happily with the neighbouring kids in their society park. She was happy that ruhi got adjusted in the new environment.

Like this a month passed, Priya liked her job. Life was good to them so far. It was random Sunday, Priya was asked to come to hospital was some work. As it was sunday and it was a holiday for ruhi's nanny so not having any other option. Priya took ruhi with her to hospital. Priya asked ruhi to stay in her cabin and play there without going anywhere while Priya went to attend the meeting. Ruhi being Ruhi started exploring the new place. She looked around fascinated seeing a huge fish tank in the reception with so many tiny fishes in it. Ruhi got terrified when she heard a very loud rude voice. Ruhi stood there rooted to her place and saw a man scolding a women.
Nurse: sorry sir
Dr. Kapoor: sorry, really, do you have any idea about the consequences of your carelessness.
Nurse: sir I'm extremely sorry.
Dr. Kapoor: that patient would have lost his life due to your small carelessness. You are fired and get out.
Nurse: sir please.
Dr. Kapoor: do you want me to call the security?
Nurse shaked her head in a no and moved away. Ram ran his hands through his hair in frustration. He turned and started walking when he got dashed into a tiny human being, he irritatedly bend down to see but his irritation was replaced with concern seeing the toddler in tears.
He bend down and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear in a stupor. He noticed her shivering in fear due to his touch.
Ram: kya hua beta. Do you need something?
Ruhi looked at him with tear filled eyes and uttered very softly in her choking voice.
Ruhi: mumma
Ram: did you lost your mumma?
Ruhi nodded her head in yes while Ram mentally cursed her careless mother. Ram wiped her tears softly.
Ram: you no need to cry for this small matter. We will find your mumma. Okey.
Ruhi nodded her head while fresh tears spilled from her eyes. Ram felt unexplainable emotion seeing the little girl. She looked very familiar to him. He felt peace talking to her.
Sara: Ruhi
Sara who was Priya's friend called out for ruhi seeing her standing there with their hospital's chief surgeon and owner. She nervously walked towards them as the whole hospital was aware of dr. Kapoor's temper. He was outright rude in the name of straight forward. But he is one of the best doctor of their country. He helped as much as he can. But never talked to anyone in their hospital other than about work. Everyone admired him for his charming looks and work ethics. Ruhi who heard her name turned whispering mumma. On seeing Sara, ruhi ran to her and hugged her legs tightly in fear, atlast seeing one familiar face in the crowd but this made Ram to think ruhi as Sara's daughter. Sara picked ruhi in her arms and whispered it's okey baby seeing her tremble.
Sara: sorry sir
Ram: who are you?
Sara: I'm Sara sir, I work in finance department.
Ram: don't you
Ram was about to shout at her for leaving the child unattended but stopped seeing ruhi tightening her arms around Sara neck hearing his voice. Not wanting to terrify the already terrified soul more, Ram stopped and didn't say anything further. Seeing his silence,Sara quickly filled him.
Sara: sorry sir, it was an emergency meeting and no one was there to take care of her at home. This won't happen again sir. Extremely sorry sir.
Ram got tensed listening to her unknowingly thinking she will not bring ruhi to hospital again.
Ram: it's ok,just don't let her wander without supervision.
Sara's eyes popped out listening to his gentle voice. She is working in the hospital for the past two and half years but never once heard his gentle voice. He was forever shouting on everyone.
Sara: ji sir, thank you.
Sara was about to turn when ram asked Sara about ruhi's name.
Ram: what is her name?
Sara: ruhi
Ram: sweet name just like her.
With that Ram walked away busy in his thoughts. That passed quickly and Sara didn't inform about this to priya as ruhi begged her not to say.