part 5

Ram would have eaten two or three spoons of food when a nurse came running to him.
Nurse: doctor emergency.
Ram: where is the duty doctor?
Nurse: dr. Agarwal is not here.
Ram: yeah I forgot. What happened?
Ram quickly gulped the water and took a tissue before going with the nurse along with talking about the case.
Nurse: accident case doctor.
Priya sat there feeling guilty, he looked so hungry. If only she had agreed to have food with him when he asked. He would have completed his dinner by now.

Priya packed everything neatly and sat there waiting for him as she didn't feel like having food without him.
After few hours, Ram came to see priya sitting on the waiting chair with her head against the wall.
Ram: Priya.
Priya: when did you come?.
Ram: just now.
Priya: I was waiting for you. Let's have the food.
Ram: why are you waiting for me without having food?
Priya: let's have dinner. I'm hungry. Do you want me to reheat it?
Ram: No it's fine.
Priya opened the parcels while Ram served and gave her a plate. Priya got it silently and started eating it. Seeing that Ram also started having it quickly. He was so hungry. Priya looked at Ram who was gorging his food without looking at anything. She knew he never liked to eat to cold food but here he was eating it like that was the tastiest food he ever ate. She can fathom how much hungry he would have been. She had already reheated the food twice and kept it ready for him but he didn't come.
Ram without thinking much started eating as he was hell tired all he want was good sleep for few hours. As he had two surgeries scheduled for him. He have to see his daughter also, all the emotional physical pain was finally catching upon him.
After completing the dinner, Priya looked at Ram who looked worn out.
Priya: Ram you please go and take rest. I'll stay here. I'll call you if ruhi needs anything.
Ram: no I'm fine.
Priya: please go and get some rest.
Ram: I'm good here.
He is not going to leave her alone.
Ram settled himself on the couch at a corner looking through his phone and next moment he was sleeping by sitting. Priya looked at him who was sleeping by sitting. She sat beside Ram looking at him. She gently held his head and placed it on her shoulder for support. He slept snuggling into her slightly making Priya to smile a little unknowingly.

After a while, he kept his head on her lap and slept comfortably on the couch. Priya moved aside and helped him to lay down completely. She sat running her fingers through his hairs like how she usually do. He smiled in his sleep, then took one of her hand  and placed it under his cheek before whispering love you Jaan. Priya smiled listening to him, it was like nothing changed between them. She felt like she was with the Ram that she loved more than anything in this world. He was her world, she lived for him and he too loved her truly atleast that's what she believed in the past.

Priya sat there not feeling sleepy remembering their past.

Five years ago,
Ram was a  medical student, while Priya was doing MBA. She studied through scholarships as she was a meritorious student. Priya lived in the mercy of her chachu Mahendra sood after her parents died in an accident when she was 11 yrs old. Priya was the only child to her parents. His chachu took the responsibility of raising her for a property that was in her name. The property was left in lease till her 18th birthday. She will inherit that on her 18 th birthday. She got money regularly from that property and that was the reason why her chachu raised her. Priya was not given proper education like his children. She lived there not having anyother option. They treated her more like a slave. Priya was in her   home waiting for her public exam results when she listened how her chachu want to fix her marriage by the end of that year. Priya's teacher who know about her family situation helped her to get a scholarship to continue her Higher education and joined her in a college's hostel without Priya's chachu's knowledge. Priya also did her PG through scholarship. She worked in her friend's bakery as part time work for her expenses. Ram who was doing his PG in medical fell in love with Priya at the first sight when one of his friend celebrated his birthday there. Then it became routine for him to follow her and Priya never know about Ram as she lived half of her life in fear. Ram on following her found out that she regularly visits a orphanage and soon Ram started visiting the orphanage. At first Priya was hostile towards him, then Ram made her comfortable around himself. It was easy for ram as he was completely a jovial person. They became friends,then best friends soon became eachother's world. Priya started depending on Ram and Ram's world revolved around her. Ram confessed his feelings for her on his birthday. Priya finally accepted his love and confessed her feelings for him. Ram never made her uncomfortable as he was always in his limits. They maximum he did was to peck her forehead. Priya loved being with him, he is the first male with whom she felt safe after her father. Ram started staying over at Priya's place more often. Even when Priya will be in her college or at work place, he used to stay at her place as he felt that as his home. Priya loved seeing Ram lazing around at her place when she returned tiredly after a long day. He will be waiting in hunger for her and he ate what ever she cooked. He loved eating her handmade foods but he did all the dishes and helped her around. In short, they lived like a married couple. Priya stayed in a one bedroom house. So Ram stayed in living room while Priya used the bedroom. Both where really serious about their studies. It was a night before Priya's birthday, they sat in their balcony just staring at the sky. They sat there thinking about the past 8 months that they spent together. Priya knew about Ram's family, Ram's parents were divorced and he lived with his mother while his father got married and had another family. Ram lost his mother in an accident at the first year of his college. Ram never shared any relationship with his father or his family. His father too never tired to meet him. So he hated his father. Ram now only had his cousin brother adi as his family. So he is pretty much alone like her. Ram slightly caressed her hand and entwined his hand with her which made her to smile. Priya looked at Ram who was looking at her with pure love. Priya for the first time in her life opened up about her to someone. Ram sat there silently listening to her without saying anything to her with moist eyes. All he thought was no wonder she lived in a shell. He was happy that finally she trusted him with her to share everything. Priya completed her story and looked at him to know what he has to say. But what he said made her to tear up.
Ram: I'm there for you as mother and father. I'm going to take care of you in the way you deserve.
Ram patted his lap asking Priya to keep her head on it. Priya placed her head on his lap and let her tears to roll down freely while Ram wiped his tears stealthily not wanting her to see it. He atleast had his mother's love to cherish but she had lost both her parents at tender age. Priya closed her eyes feeling the warmth that his love gave her. It was like finally she in her mother's embrace. She closed her eyes in content. Soon she slept seeking his warmth. Ram sat there whole night looking at her innocent face which looked peaceful for the first time.