Chapter 154

Chapter 154: To Hit the Road

The group hit the road this day.

Wei Qiyu kept craning his neck to peer when Chen Xiao Mai moved the luggage to the carriage.

Yuan Bao sat on the doorway with his chubby legs crossed, watching hid Little Uncle move stuff.

Suddenly Yuan Bao shifted his gaze from Mai to Wei Qiyu. The more Yuan Bao looked at Wei Qiyu, the more he found that guy suspicious.

Wei Qiyu who had noticed Yuan Bao's gaze turned around and stroked his hair as if nothing had happened, then he opened his folding fan and slowly walked away.

Yuan Bao then tugged at Chen Xiao Mai's sleeve.

"Yuan Bao, you look sulky, is everything all right?"

Yuan Bao whispered to Chen Xiao Mai, "Little Uncle, that guy is sneaky."

Chen Xiao Mai looked at Wei Qiyu and said, "That's Wei Qiyu, Ji Yun An's friend, you've met him before in the county yamen, remember? He gave you a rattle-drum as a gift."

"Now I know who he is, but he keeps looking around, looks so stealthy.".

Wei Qiyu heard the conversation between Chen Xiao Mai and Yuan Bao. When he heard that Yuan Bao called him sneaky, he was unhappy.

Wei Qiyu walked to Ji Yun An and complained, "Yun An, that little guy called me sneaky."

Ji Yun An glanced at Wei Qiyu and said, "You are indeed sneaky, I mean you appeared sneaky just now."

Wei Qiyu's face suddenly reddened, "What are you talking about?"

"You have been peeking at Big Brother's carriage," said Ji Yun An.

Wei Qiyu defended himself, "I was just trying to have a look at the luggage and see what food Big Brother has packed. I heard Highness Cheng packed a piece of ham made by Big Brother when he went back to the capital city, so I was just trying to have a look and sniff."

Ji Yun An looked at Wei Qiyu and gave up, "All right, how about this, II will ask Big Brother to share the ham with you if he packed some."

Wei Qiyu's eyes sparkled on hearing that, "Thank you, me best friend." Then he said, "But you know what I saw? A bow! Not just a regular bow, a Snow Iron Bow. That bow is very powerful! Why would Big Brother pack such a bow?"

"To protect us."

Ji Yun An had heard it from Mai that Chen Xiao Mi used to be a hunter for a living, he had even hunted a tiger once, and his uncle once told him that Chen Xiao Mi had won respect from the soldiers after he made a demonstration on how to build a Snow Iron Bow.

Wei Qiyu was a little worried, "Yun An, you really need to behave yourself after you get married, both of Mai's brothers look like they can kick ass."

Ji Yun An glanced at Wei Qiyu and said in his heart, 'I'm not you, Wei Qiyu, me and Mai are in love.'

After checking everything on the list, the group set off at a steady pace.

Chen Xiao Mi lifted the curtain on the carriage, emotions welled up inside him.

This was the first time that he and Lu Lin separated since they got married.

He had long been used to the existence of Lu Lin beside him. The sudden separation made Chen Xiao Mi feel a void in his heart.

"Big Brother, are you okay?" Chen Xiao Mai looked at Chen Xiao Mi and asked with concern.

Chen Xiao Mi reached out a hand and stroked Chen Xiao Mai's hair, "Yes, Mai, thank you."