1ST LOVE LETTER

Dear Love,

I don't know how many notebooks I have to fill before I meet you. Or how many pages I have to tear when I thought I wrote wrong. Or how many grammatical errors I will make. Or how many words I have to scratch when I thought it's not the right word to use. And in this case, how many blog posts I have to publish online. But I am sure that in the near future we will find each other. And I believe it's going to be the best moment of our life.

I don't know how we will meet. Or where and when. I don't even know if what will happen to us is love at first sight or not (Do you even believe in love at first sight? I don't even know that). Maybe we will accidentally meet inside a bookstore, scanning each of our to-read books. Maybe I will look up and find you standing there, reading my most favorite book in the world. And you will look up and find me staring at you. And our eyes will meet. And it will take us a long time standing like that because we don't know what to do. Are you going to approach me? Or will I have the courage to approach you first? Or maybe something will just happen and we will end up smiling at each other. And it will be the start of something that I hope will last a lifetime. Or maybe we are going to meet somewhere unexpected. Somewhere we never thought to find someone we will love forever.

Maybe we have already known each other since forever. Maybe we just fail to notice each other. Maybe you are still busy chasing someone else, or living your single life to the fullest. Maybe you don't consider me a candidate yet. And I don't consider you as someone to love too. Maybe we are friends. Maybe we are enemies.

Or if we don't know each other yet, maybe we already have a connection since long ago. Maybe we have a common friend that will introduce us to each other. Maybe there is someone or something that is already connecting us together. We just don't know it yet.

The possibilities are infinite. And though I don't like surprises, I will let God surprise me this one time. Just thinking about the different ways we can meet each other brings a delicious shiver of anticipation within me. I hope it will be soon.

From the woman who waits.