Third (8)

- The victim's name was Joshua Moore, we found the ID in the car parked on the side of the road- I turn up the collar of my jacket until it partially covers my cheeks, the starry night is beyond cold as the winter blizzards collided with full force in the town.

-Any clues as to how he got in there? - He pointed the flashlight at the mud puddle where the victim was buried.

-Apparently he was buried alive- intervenes Misael, who had not been seen behind the victim- his nails are broken, which would indicate signs of struggle- he walks around the body.

-He is an obese person, 125 kilograms at least, a single person definitely cannot do this, much less bury him after the physical wear and tear of moving him-

-Someone of the same size, or that they had drugged him in some way, of course with a lower dose since he has signs of struggle, if they drugged him and at some point on the way here he woke up, that would explain the broken nails- corresponds the doctor .

-Joshua! - A woman in her 30s bursts into the scene running directly towards the corpse, I quickly get in her way and hold her by the waist while she tries to reach the deceased.

-Miss please calm down- I hold he away.

-No, oh god no! - don't call god, I think to myself, apparently he took vacations in this town. I help her get to a patrol car by sitting her in the passenger seat, I put a blanket over her since she is not dressed for this weather and I hand her something warm to calm her down.

-What's your name? - I see her drink the liquid from the cup and I refill the mug one more time.

-I'm Catherine, Joshua's girlfriend- she says between sobs.

-Well Catherine, when was the last time you saw Joshua? - I bend on my knees right in front of her.

-Two nights ago, last Saturday leaving the house, I went to church like every Saturday afternoon- I give her a tissue.

-Could you give me the name of the church please?-

-Yes, it is the San Bernardino church; his mother was very Catholic and instilled religion in him since he was little-she cleans her nose.

-How long have you been going to that church? - far way I can see the news reporters trying to get to the scene.

-5 years ago more or less when I arrived to town-

-One last question, did you notice something off in Joshua's behavior the last days you saw him?-

-Not really, well maybe... as you must have realized he was morbidly obese, on Thursday he took out food without paying from a store; he felt bad with himself and waited until Saturday to go to confession with Father Mario-

-Thank you very much, miss- I leave her in the care of an officer who will take her home- Dylan- I draw the attention of my partner who checks that there is no evidence left without photographing and classifying while the forensic examiners lift the victim's body and upload it to the pathologist's van.

-Aeryne, look at this- he takes out his phone and shows me a picture- we find another line this one is written on his chest, they made it with something sharp, probably a razor or knife of some kind-

"...except for the eternity, I last eternally..."

I read out loud.

-We should talk to the father, he will know what these writings are about- we get into the patrol car and I drive back to the police station. The road passes in silence, after the kiss we don't talk about each other, we just get up from the sofa and leave in a hurry. I return to work, what cannot be denied are the furtive glances that we give each other from time to time and that kiss that we can stop thinking about.