| one |

< hayley >

months have passed since i started to live with my friends in las vegas.

tough and great times came on, of course. they're inevitable. but, above that, the feeling was amazing to actually overcome some circumstances with your best friends. even though sometimes you do not get along, they will always be there for you, no matter how hard life gets.

jack and i's relationship has been strong, to be honest. stronger than ever. he did things that made me so happy and he has been really happy, too.

but lately he was being distant to all of us. at first i thought it was nothing, like his days were just you know, sad. but it wasn't, there was something more than just what he was showing us.

i tried my best to talk to him and make him happy; yet he would just shrug me off, like dust. it was painful seeing him like this, especially he changed a lot since we moved to las vegas. he was a lot happier than before.

-

"dude, i'm teaming up with hayley," matt said, sitting beside me, holding his controller. we were currently playing call of duty: modern warfare, with johnson, shawn, and natalie.

"that's called being unfair," johnson said, smiling at us. "you two are fucking killers! don't let us lose in this."

i wasn't paying enough attention to what was happening after what johnson said. i was worried about jack. he hasn't left his room since this morning.

i stood up yet matt stopped me to. "where are you going? we're partners!"

"i'm gonna go check on jack," i weakly said.

he gave me a look with a hint of sympathy in it.

i frowned, and made my way to jack and i's shared room.

i knocked a few times, yet he didn't answer.

"please, jack," i knocked again and leaned my forehead in the door. "open up."

"go away." he said across, and my heart fell to the ground.

"we can talk about this, jack, i will listen to you." i didn't want to get angry or anything, i just wanted him to just at least step outside our room for an hour or two.

luckily, he opened the door.

and there he was. his eyes red because of weed, and our room smelt like smoke and alcohol as seen from outside.

"jesus, jack," i ran my fingers through his soft hair. "what happened?"

all of a sudden, he hugged me and cried his heart out.

"m-my dad died," he cried a lot harder. "he fucking d-died, h-hayley."

he was sobbing so hard, he can barely even talk.

i rubbed his back and hugged him tighter. "let's go downstairs." i said.

i helped him to step on the stairs without tripping. every step we took, he was saying something i couldn't understand. maybe because he was high.

matt, johnson, shawn and natalie started to notice us, so they helped.

shawn grabbed jack's arm and swung it around his neck, as he held onto jack's waist.

soon, jack was sitting on the couch, looking directly at the table across us.

i was standing behind the couch, holding my phone, until matt texted me.

matthew: man, he looks so desperate, what in the fuck's name happened?

i shook my head and replied.

hayley: his father died, and he has been smoking for a long time, you could tell. our room was filled with smoke and the aroma of jack daniel's.

matt looked at me with a sympathetic look before nodding.

---

heyyyyy!!! OMFG SEAUEL WHATSNANSHJANDHCNC IM SO HYPED WHAT H EYC K BRO

anywaaaayyyyyy

omfg thanks for reading this 😂😂

stay awesome and rad!! 👊