Chapter 4: Jake

When I woke up, I rushed to school, eager to reach school earlier than Jake so that I could call him a loser. As I entered the classroom, my eyes naturally started searching  around the room for him.

      He must be late..I guess..

     With a sense of victory, I dropped my bag on the floor and sat down with a smirk on my face. Soon, the bell rang and class started. I looked at the class entrance, anticipating for his arrival. He didn't come. Well, at least that meant no annoying bastard would be disturbing me during class.

      But it really felt different. Maybe because he is not around to disturb me. Yeah, I'm just too used to him annoying me everyday, just that..he didn't come today.

      As I walked home, I looked at the sky, thinking how nice today was. Yes, nice. But, empty. I couldn't shake this feeling off. Something is wrong.

     Then, I quickened my pace and ran straight down the path. Straight to Jake's house. I didn't care about how I looked like then, my mind was only filled with thoughts about Jake.

      Catching my breath, I reached for the doorbell at Jake's house. Then I noticed the door wasn't locked. Without thinking, I barged into his house and ran straight and entered into his room.

      He was sitting up on his bed, looking at me with his familiar pair of eyes. A sense of relief overcame me.

       " Why are you here? "

       Ignoring his question, I went over to his side and hugged him. I didn't care if I was all sweaty and filled with horrible body odour, I just felt so relieved that he's okay.

       " Hey, are you okay? Why did you come here? "

       " What do you mean am I okay? Today you didn't come to school and I was worried sick about you! "

        "Look up."

        As I lifted my head up, our faces were inches apart. He looked like he was going to cry. His eyebrows were knitted and his breathtaking blue eyes were sparkling so brightly in the dimly lighted room. He then pulled me into another hug.

       " You didn't have to worry about me. I was just sick, that's all."

        I felt warmth hearing those words being whispered to my ear.

        He escorted me to the doorway of his house. I could see his cheeks had a light tint of flesh pink. Just as I was about to leave, I stopped and faced him.

        " Yeah? "

        " Give me your phone."

        " Uh..why? "

        " I just want to use it for a while."

         He handed me his phone and I started typing in a bunch of numbers.

        " Here, I've saved my contact in your phone.. call me if there's anything wrong."

         I quickly turned my back to him to hide the blush appearing on my face so that he wouldn't have the chance to tease me about it tomorrow.

         " Wait! "

         " What? " I replied, still not facing him.

         " Thanks."

          And with that, I hurried home with a smile emerging from my flushed face.