Chapter 3: Friends

" Hey! If you don't wake up now you'll be late! " Who was that? That voice definitely didn't sound like it was mom. It was a guy. He sounded similar to Jake...

Jake...

Wait, was that voice coming from Jake?

I woke up to a pair of blue sparkling eyes staring right at me with strands of his ash brown fringe covering his eyes.

" Why on earth are you in my room? And for your information, you're not my alarm clock either . " I said in an annoyed tone, secretly wishing he did not examine my face when I was sleeping. My face looks the worst in the morning. I remembered clearly the last time I saw my face in the mirror, I almost felt like punching the mirror.

" Your mom asked me to help her wake you up since we're friends. " He said, sighing. Since when were we friends anyway? Whatever. I hurried to the bathroom and got ready for school.

We walked to school, side by side. The atmosphere was beginning to grow awkward. I took a quick glance at him. He was wearing a dark grey jacket with dark blue jeans. I guess he does look pretty good in those... I've been thinking about him ever since that day I witnessed how good he was with the piano. His performance literally took my breath away. I wonder what more I will find out. That is, if I ever will.