Step One

Hello!

First time trying to write a whole story-

Hope ya like it.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"You must create a sense of scarcity."

Ever since this new fed showed up at his door, Pennsylvania has felt some sort of...

Protectiveness?

Fondness?

God, he didn't know.

At first, he didn't like him. He was annoying. Kept asking questions. Kept wondering off. Kept trying to learn about HIM. As if Pennsylvania had things of interest. That was more of a New York thing.

He wasn't much of a people person, but he didn't want the fed sleeping on the streets (even if he joked about it often). Because who knows what could happen to him, Continental Congress was like a child needing a parent's guide to keep him alive.

Now as much as PA hated to admit it, he was like that parental figure.

He taught him lessons on cooking and cleaning ("To earn your keep" as he would say) plus a little farm work. Even if the state worked mostly in the city, he needed someone to care for his crops in the country when he was away.

Other states, unfortunately, took notice of PA's soft spot for their new fed. He was teased mostly by the Northeast about it, the South didn't seem to mind too much unless an argument about sweetened tea sparked up.

It was annoying but he ignored it unless New Jersey said something. Because it's New Jersey.

(A man who refuses to bathe until he is held down and scrubbed forcefully should not be talking about what he does anyway.)

Continental Congress was a good kid. He'd admit it. A little dimwitted sure. Oh, who was he kidding? A pile of bricks would be smarter than him sometimes, but he did what he was told. Without much hesitation too.

But he needed to be taught how to be a Government.

How the economy operates.

How to divide and conquer.

How to be controversial enough to gain success.

How to lie.

How to never show fear or concern for others outside this nation's walls. Only fake it. It makes you look far better to the public eye.

PA should know this, after all, he IS a fed.

Temporary fed. But still one.

He was taught all the same things by the biggest Empire in the world and his son.

Now it was his turn.

"Take a seat, kid," PA muttered. He motioned to the seat in front of him. Continental Congress fidgeted with his tie a little before sitting in front of him. "We need to talk about-"