Chapter 8

My POV

*Dream*

I stood in the eye of a twister as I heard the venomous words of everyone.

"Do you honestly think someone will love someone as broken as you?" 

"Don't you know you'll never be loved?" Pa grinned.

"You showed weakness because you loved him." Blitz mocked me.

"Pathetic." A mirror image of myself grinned, kicking me to the ground and stomping on my back.

"You think killing us will bring him back? You're even more pathetic than we thought." Stella and Stolas stood there.

I sat there, staring at the ground. I didn't have any weapons to defend myself. A whimper left my lips as I looked up as they got closer as I hissed, whipping my tail. Seeing a flame behind me, I turned around to see Bomb get through the twister, riding it was Striker as he aimed a gun towards everyone.

"Leave my Darlin' alone." He jumped down, pushing past as he looked down at me.

"Partners?" I took his hand as he held me close, a gun appearing in my hand. I grinned, looking at him.

"Till the day I die."

*Dream ended*

I woke up as I fell out of bed, tangled in the sheets, as I breathed heavily, hearing my phone buzz. Who the fuck is calling at 3 am?

"What?"

"Got info." My informant's voice came over the other line and I grumbled 'one minute' as I unfolded the map.

"Ok." I picked up a few pins and a pen as he gave me the information. Stolas was still being careful where he was seen, assuming the I.M.P crew told him we were hired to kill him. I stared at the town nearby where Striker was last seen. It was so close to me...

"Does he know he's so close to me?" I asked as I gently placed the pin.

"How the fuck would I know? You told me just to keep my ears out."

"Right, sorry. Thinking out loud. Good work, I'll leave your payment in the usual spot."

I sighed, rubbing my face on how to go about this. Would it be suicidal to go after Stolas and Stella alone? I racked my brain as I started planning, uncaring of what the outcome was, until my thoughts were disturbed again by another buzz from my phone.

"What?"

"I forgot to mention. I found the guy who put out that last hit on your head."

"Perfect." I stretched, grinning as I turned up my music, deciding a hot shower would help calm my nerves that were on fire. I stared at my reflection, my eyes narrowing as I held my head high. Got dressed and slipped Striker's bandana, before grabbing the holster. I swiftly made my way outside where I whistled, hearing Nightmare's hooves thundering as she left the barn, making her way to me as I ran, jumping on her back as she neighed, rearing.

~

Striker POV

I walked into the town, my eyes set on the house at the end. He's going to regret everything and die slow and horrible. Hearing that this vermin was trying to kill her, I didn't even care to know what the reason was, I just knew that I would be the one who put him down. Hoping off Bomb, I grabbed my two guns and dagger, grinning as my tail rattled as I kicked in the door, swiftly making my way through the bodyguards he had. Pathetic.

"Where is your boss. The one that put a hit out on Liz." I held an Imp by his shirt and holding one of my guns to his throat.

"O-Out B-Back." I dropped him to the ground, sending a bullet through the back of his head as I made my way outside, seeing a mob boss-looking Imp sitting in a chair smoking a cigar.

"And here I thought I would come face to face with the Bitch that has what I want." He gruffed as I set my hat down, taking off my outer jacket.

"Nope, you get to deal with me." 

"She sends someone to take care of me? That's a riot." He said as I traded my two guns for my dagger and rope.

"Nope. Didn't send me either." I smirked as I easily jumped on him, tying him up, almost as if I was wrangling a hell hog. I jammed my dagger in his leg, I whipped my tail as I rolled up my sleeves.

"See, Liz there? Yeah, we dated and I still very much care for her. So seeing that? Oh, you made me angry." I grabbed his horn yanking his head up to meet as I flashed my gold tooth towards him, "I suppose I should thank you though. I get to release some of my anger." 

"You're going to fucking regret this." He smirked as I leaned closer.

"Oh? From the looks of it, I'll get what I want. And you will die."

~

Taking my sweet time from punching to choking to stabbing, I was enjoying the torture as he yelled. I grumbled as I landed another blow I looked up at the house, seeing a bodyguard and another body crash through the balcony doors I stood watching as he got up huffing.

"Boss, Look who I-" I raised my eye, one hand on my gun as the other was ready to throw another punch, "-found." My eyes widened seeing my Darlin' jumping down from the balcony. She's alive. Spitting out blood, she looked around, snarling as her eyes landed on us. My shock turned into a grin, Atta girl.

"Hi there. I'll deal with you in a minute." She pointed at the boss I had tied up before jumping back on the vermin she was fighting. As she quickly overpowered him again, she aimed a gun at his face. So she's the one to who that scum Imp sold my stolen gun. Well played fate.

"I've had enough of you." Bang! Bang! Bang! The fire in her eyes blazed as she fired the gun, not flinching as the blood splattered on her body. Huffing as fixed her hair, she tensed up as she turned to the boss and me, who had stepped away to let her take this vermin.

"You have been a thorn in my side. You know that?" She holstered her gun, pulling out a dagger as she pointed, walking up and stopped...right next to me.

"Striker..."

"Darlin'..." I could feel my cocky grin falling into a frown as I looked at her. What do I even say? Hell, should I say anything while she's this pissed? She cleared her throat, returning to the man tied up as I grinned, standing behind her as she propped a boot on him, leaning closer to him.

"Now I would have thought by the fifth dead body sent back to you, that maybe something would have...I don't know 'clicked'. You just don't stop though, do you? And look at the situation you are in now!" She said, waving around at the damaged, dead bodies, and now two assassins standing in front of him. Both are ready to torture and kill him.