Masquerade: Chapter Four

I search to find Dechel and Cassie. I feel a hear a vibration and hear an alert coming from my phone. I reach into my purse and dig around. I finally find it and unlock my phone. It's another text from Drake! A feel the comers of my mouth stretching out and forming a crescent. I read the text and it says "I'm so glad to hear you can make it! Feel free to bring a guest!". I'm so excited to hear that he's happy to see me! I fumble through the words, spelling almost all of them wrong while trying to perfect another message to Drake. I rewrite it twice, but get it and send it. It read "I may just take you up on that offer! I'm actually shopping for a dress right now for the party! And it's only Tuesday! That's how excited I am to go! Lol". Stupid, I know.

I find Dechel and Cassie and I show the dress to them both. Cassie is super excited that I found a dress that I love and is trying to get me to model it for them. I turn to Dechel and say "do you approve this time?", adding a little more sass to the tone than necessary. He replies with an attitude as well and says "Sure, do what Cassie says and try the damn thing on". I turn with a spin that whipped my hair in the air and flipped it back with an attitude meant to provoke him. I find a suitable dressing room and enter it.

I strip off my normal attire that I wore to the store and try on the purple dress. I exit the dressing room and the tile in the store is cold on my feet as I hop on my tiptoes over to Cass and D. I walk over and get over the coldness, and catwalk over to where the two were standing. Cassie gasped as I walked over and Dechel looked impressed. Cassie explained her gasp by saying "Wow Nic, that dress it perfect, it's so you and it fits you like a glove". I replied cockily and say "Why thank you Daw-ling, I knew you would think so" as I flip my blonde hair over my shoulders. I do a little spin and then say "how bout you D, what do you think?" He replied, trying not to sound too mesmerized, by saying "You look very classy, Onika". I was pleasantly surprised that he approved of it. I say "Thank you, I really mean it, now if you excuse me ill go get my clothes and then I can try shoes on with the dress!". I go and retrieve my other clothes from the dressing room and catch up with the gang. We walk over to the shoe section together.

"Ok, I, thinking pink shoes, what do you think D?" I say. Dechel says " I agree, make sure you pick high heels, preferably stilettos". I waved a "ok" sign at him and go to look at the shoes That had just caught my eye. They were the perfect color to math the outline of the cut outs of the beautiful dress. She picked up one shoe, but the other one was no where to be found.