Unpopular Opinions For The Gals & Ghouls

Hey kiddies I am back again with another set of my unpopular opinions. Hope you enjoy feel free to comment your input also please don't take them personally their just my opinions. Also how are you guys doing?

1) Some Age Gaps shouldn't be written - I know this is like common sense, but some of these age gaps that get written shouldn't even exist. I was reading this book that had the subplot of a 13 year old and 16 year old in a relationship. I stopped reading immediately even if they were side characters. The author even justified it making it seem like the character was 'mature for their age'. Keep in mind I don't think all age gaps are bad there's some good ones when they're around the same age. Like 22 and 26 or 27 and 35. The 18 and an extremely old age makes me uncomfy because now that I'm 19 I could never see myself with someone that old.

2)Urban Stories - if you're gonna write an urban story please don't make the mmc a misogynist or colourist its so played out.

3)The Bullying Trope - Chile its giving high school "falling in love" with your bully is a trauma response especially if they made fun of your looks, dare I say have the audacity to hit you. Obviously I know its fictional but like if you are a young reader please don't get carried away with this trope in real life. Anyone who hits you or makes fun of your looks or even your personality when you are being your most purest authentic self, does not value you or respect you. They are more than likely projecting their insecurities on you anyways.

4) Interracial Romance - This somewhat ties into the bullying trope why is it that when the fmc is a black woman and the mmc is racist or has a racist family. I am sure that something besides racism could  be used to rise the tension in the plot. But if it is done correctly then cool. Depending on the time period of course it would make sense.

5) Consent - This surely isn't unpopular everyone knows this by now, but a lot of the stories back in the day really lacked consent. However luckily enough writers are becoming more conscious about it and making sure it is clear. 

That's pretty much all for now I got some news for you guys I wrote a book in my free time  and I'll start uploading it on wattpad very soon so stay tuned. It's a psychological thriller of sorts with a bit of murder mystery in it  based in medieval times. If you want to you can go check it out.  

Side note: I wrote this at 19 but I am 20 now.